View Poll Results: Have you kept, returned, still undecided, or never getting the Palm Pre

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping it

188 49.87%
  • Returned

27 7.16%
  • Using the 30-day return policy as a trial

64 16.98%
  • Will be purchasing but waiting for availability

39 10.34%
  • Have not purchased and still undecided or waiting for updates

53 14.06%
  • Have not purchased and will never by it

6 1.59%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sounds like there's a lot of people who have returned the Palm Pre but there's only one way to find out.

Note:
    Forth option should be "Will be purchasing but waiting for availability, $150 rebate, or saving up money"
    Sixth option should be buy not by.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/12/2009 at 09:46 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Kept (and will be keeping) mine. I came from the iPhone 3G, and I love that device, but as a productivity tool the Pre has some things that make it more useful for me as a PIM and PDA. I'm a technology consultant, I'm onsite with clients about 85% of the time, and this device is great for my needs.

Now as a play device it still needs quite a bit of tweaking, and obviously Apps are lacking, but I fully expect that to come in time.

Is it a bit quirky? Absolutely. Some tasks are less intuitive than you might expect, and others are downright counterintuitive; but, in general, things work the way you expect. Overall, I find the OS to be innovative and I think it has lots of room for growth.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    i was a longtime treo user and i followed the pre rumors and release closely, but when my 700p died i went for a nokia e71. of course it is not as pretty as the pre but it comes with built in sip client, microsd, built in office files editing, native syncml client, and so many more features that make it ready to go for work.
    Got it on launch and I am so definitely keeping it!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  5.    #5  
    Sorry it took me a while for the poll. I wanted to make sure I have enough options. I hate that it creates the thread before the actual poll is made.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Will not be getting the Pre. It just does not have the features and software I need. Maybe in a year or two I will take another look at it. I'll just wait for the release of the Diamond 2 on Sprint or AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Forth option should be "Will be purchasing but waiting for availability or saving up money".
    If someone has to "save up" for a $200 purchase, maybe there are more important things those funds could be put toward than a new Pre? Just thinking, a better plan might be a free phone with basic cheap service, if the purchase price is a burden.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    If someone has to "save up" for a $200 purchase, maybe there are more important things those funds could be put toward than a new Pre? Just thinking, a better plan might be a free phone with basic cheap service, if the purchase price is a burden.
    Or maybe that someone doesn't have a $150 rebate and is will to pay $550.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/12/2009 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    That is soo true. Kinda like the Kid in 'Ruthless People". Judge Reighold job was to sell electronics. He had this teenager all hepped up about a giant sound system. Then he saw the kid pregnant girlfriend and steered him to much cheaper better product for him. Some people and their priorities are all outta whack.
    Got it at launch and I'm very close to returning it. I've had to get an Airave to get it work at home but what do I do at work. I'm not going to carry around my own personal antennae. Hopefully they fix the battery and reception soon. I have about 20 days left on my trial.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm enjoying it. I'm loving it. I'm keeping it.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    another pointless thread. isn't there like 50 of these already? and yes i am being literal.
    Is there a reason for another identical thread to the one on page 7?
    Waiting till January to pay full retail price for this on verizon so i can finally let go of this Storm
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I'm enjoying it. I'm loving it. I'm keeping it.
    +1
    4th option for me as I can't buy it till September
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    another pointless thread. isn't there like 50 of these already? and yes i am being literal.
    Is there a reason for another identical thread to the one on page 7?
    I tried looking for a poll like this. If you link me to the one you're talking about I'll be more than happy to apologize for creating mine. By the way, I went to Page 7 under the "Palm Pre" forum and didn't see the one you mentioned.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I came over to Sprint and the Palm Pre from an Iphone 3G and I will must likely be keeping it. Mostly because of the potential i see with WebOS. It outshines my Iphone3g in so many areas and this is just WebOS 1.0, imagine what 3.0 will do, and you cant beat the monthly cost of sprint service. However I do hope that an update can improve batter life and the inconsistency of my signal strength at home (though this may be an issue with sprint and not the phone..im not sure.) But I must say even though my signal constantly jumps back and forth from EVDO to 1x to Roam while I am at home, I havent dropped a call yet (crossing my fingers) and I can always turn on Wifi when at home, which for some reason seems to do better for my battery life. My Iphone would have full bars on 3G and would drop the call more times than not.

To make a long story short I will be keeping it
    Global Posts
    1,028 Global Posts
    99% sure I'm keeping mine, but I could still return to the iPhone before the 30 days is up. Very happy with the device, just want to make sure Sprint is right for me.
    I've had zero problems with mine, so I'll be keeping it.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have my gripes, and I loved my Q9c, but I'm definitely keeping it (rebate is in the mail, Q9c on eBay!). The prospect of apps, software updates is exciting, and the overall awesomeness of the device outweighs my gripes.

My friend did have to return his, though. He works in a semi-rural area with less-than-perfect signal, and he was dropping calls like he never had before on his Q9c. Nice profit on eBay though, so either way, win-win!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast