View Poll Results: Have you kept, returned, still undecided, or never getting the Palm Pre

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping it

188 49.87%
  • Returned

27 7.16%
  • Using the 30-day return policy as a trial

64 16.98%
  • Will be purchasing but waiting for availability

39 10.34%
  • Have not purchased and still undecided or waiting for updates

53 14.06%
  • Have not purchased and will never by it

6 1.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Have to say I am liking mine pretty good. It is a little quirky now and then (like just now I set it on the TS with music playing and it did not start charging - picked it, put it back down and all is OK). The positives outweigh the negatives for me - I have what I feel is a solid unit, great screen and slider and I have no issues with signal. I actually think the quality of the phone is an improvement over the Touch Pro I am giving up. I can also already type better on it than I could with the much bigger Touch Pro keyboard - which is really surprising to me.

Now, I definitely want to see some notification, sound, font customization options and I want to see more Outlook/EAS functionality (more like WM), but I don't need to use my phone as a mini-computer or desktop replacement like others do, so I am pretty happy. I think the improvements will come from Palm and the developer community pretty quickly. webOS is certainly great - it appears to have a furture, at least with this user.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Not sure if i'll keep it or go back to my curve. I'm almost just too lazy to go back to the store, return, get a new curve, re-input all my info, etc. If it weren't for that i would probably return now, then rebuy the Pre in some months after some updates. As it is now, i'll try hang on and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Got it on launch and I am so definitely keeping it!
    I feel the same way. It is suprising to me that less than 10% of the people on this board have not bought it and won't or have returned it, but the general attitude on the forums seems to be negative. I think the mod's should just start deleting any future negatives that are not productive. It is getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I feel the same way. It is suprising to me that less than 10% of the people on this board have not bought it and won't or have returned it, but the general attitude on the forums seems to be negative. I think the mod's should just start deleting any future negatives that are not productive. It is getting old.
    That's because the negativity is coming from a small group of people that for the most part, have not even bought one. They just make assumptions on what they read or on a 5 minute demo at the Sprint store.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    Waiting till January to pay full retail price for this on verizon so i can finally let go of this Storm
    what's wrong with the storm? How would yo ucompare these?
    I had my eye on this since January. But it has no voice dial, no voice command, no external SD card, no phone-as-modem, no voice recorder and no video recorder.
    I'll wait.
    I change my vote to returned
    hmmmmmmnnnnn.......looks like a 50% FAIL rating so far - and this is on a Palm ENTHUSIAST site! not good!!!
    I returned mine already. Like I had said in other posts, I love the device, and if it ever makes it way to AT&T I will pay full price or donate a kidney. The deal breaker for me was the coverage or lack thereof. As many have mentioned, having the signal jump around all day is not comforting and it drained my battery pretty quickly.
    got it at launch and will be keeping it. i so don't want to deal with AT&T, Verizon , or Tmobile as the plan pricing is no comparison to what sprint offers for the money. I asked a friend of mine who has the iphone today if he is getting the 3Gs and he is so disgusted that he cannot get any reception in his home at all he is getting close to dumping the phone and service. trying to steer him to a Pre.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I voted that I'm waiting. I have a Treo 650, so I'm definitely due for an update. I also have an iPod Touch and would love to get combined device, like the iPhone. However, I would never leave Sprint because they have the best prices (AT&T rips iPhone users off - I save $314/year over AT&T for the same plan).

Anyway, I'm waiting for the following reasons, in no particular order:

1. Price, will it drop? 8GB iPhone 3G, $99, 16GB iPhone 3GS, $199, 8GB Palm Pre, $199
    -I know this does not factor in AT&T's outrageous plans and Sprint's more than reasonable plans.
    2. No tethering - you can do it with other Sprint phones, why not the Pre?
    3. Memory only 8GB - memory is so cheap, I should know, we purchase it in bulk where I work, why not make a 16GB, or 32GB version. Also, why no expandable memory like on ALL of the other Palm phones.
    4. I checked the phone out at the Sprint store and it felt very cheap.

Thoughts?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    hmmmmmmnnnnn.......looks like a 50% FAIL rating so far - and this is on a Palm ENTHUSIAST site! not good!!!
    How do you figure that? The answers I consider fail are returned and never buying which total to 8.78%. 30 day trial and still undecided can go either way.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I returned mine today and ported back to ATT. I loved the Pre, but I couldn't deal with Sprints coverage. I'll definitely pick up the GSM Pre when it comes out.
    I'm thinking about porting back to ATT as well, but the coverage/performance I've had from Sprint has been better than ATT's. :-(

It's a tough decision, I know that ATT will have better rural coverage, but I live in a major metropolitan area (ATLANTA, GA) and don't go into rural area's that often. Sprint works fine in the building I work in, so building penetration isn't an issue either.....

decisions decisions!
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    So out of 123 who have actually purchased the Pre and made their final keep/return decision, only 15 have decided to send it back. I think that speaks well for the Pre thus far.

I for one think it is a great upgrade coming from a 755p. My battery life is very good...still at 40% or so at 10 pm after taking it off the TS at 8 am. I'll be getting another for my daughter and son soon.
    I, too, just upgraded from the Treo 755p and my wife upgraded from the Treo 650, we are both VERY pleasedwith the phone. It did have some heating issues during the first weekend, but I deleted Hotmail as I had read and it worked out. The battery did suck at first but seems to have regulated itself out during the first few days. I unplugged it last night at midnight to test the battery life and after using it all day for talk, text, and surf it is at 36%! And that's with BT and WiFi on, too.

We love the Pre and will be keeping both of ours, even going to buy one for our teenager for her next birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Can't you now sync the Pre to your computer using Pocketmirror for Windows and The Missing Sync for the Mac.They are new apps in the APP store. Pocketmirror is for Windows and The Missing Sync which works with Mac . Pocketmirror works with Outlook and The Missing Sync works with a lot more with the MAC.
    Yup, PocketMirror worked like a charm for me!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I returned mine today and ported back to ATT. I loved the Pre, but I couldn't deal with Sprints coverage. I'll definitely pick up the GSM Pre when it comes out.
    All of Sprint's plans include roaming on Verizon's network for free. Do you have good Verizon coverage in your area? If so, did you have roaming turned on?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Great phone that has a lot of potential! Now I just need to find the right clear case for it! I'm satisfied & have no problems! A lot of things can be fixed though updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    All of Sprint's plans include roaming on Verizon's network for free. Do you have good Verizon coverage in your area? If so, did you have roaming turned on?
    I'm in one of the most densely populated suburban counties in Northern NJ here. Where I knew we would have issues even if they are there they are still better then no service i had with Tmo there. What is unacceptable though is where there is great reception and it's like I'm in dead zone all the time.

Now if I go down a few blocks within same coverage map it's 5 bars steady. As far as finding roaming on VZW I'm blanketed with even more of those towers. Guess what the Pre can't find squat. Oh yes roaming is active.

I could understand if this was the Boonies and just getting cable would be a pain. It's not and this is unacceptable.
    I"m going to see what the next 2 weeks bring. So far there are pluses and minuses vs. my 755p, but overall, it is a much more modern device and there is no comparison between it's web browser and the Treos.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    I'm in one of the most densely populated suburban counties in Northern NJ here. Where I knew we would have issues even if they are there they are still better then no service i had with Tmo there. What is unacceptable though is where there is great reception and it's like I'm in dead zone all the time.

Now if I go down a few blocks within same coverage map it's 5 bars steady. As far as finding roaming on VZW I'm blanketed with even more of those towers. Guess what the Pre can't find squat. Oh yes roaming is active.

I could understand if this was the Boonies and just getting cable would be a pain. It's not and this is unacceptable.
    Where in northern NJ are you. I'm Bergen County a lot and I gotta admit it's pretty weak. You can even see it the overage map. Roaming works fine on my 755p but I noticed there's a lag in text messages.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast