View Poll Results: Have you kept, returned, still undecided, or never getting the Palm Pre

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping it

188 49.87%
  • Returned

27 7.16%
  • Using the 30-day return policy as a trial

64 16.98%
  • Will be purchasing but waiting for availability

39 10.34%
  • Have not purchased and still undecided or waiting for updates

53 14.06%
  • Have not purchased and will never by it

6 1.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Considering it's only 105 votes the results aren't too bad.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  2. UserOne
    Well, considering I never posted to the other posts on this topic... Yea, I'm keeping mine.

There are still a few things that I got to get used to or learn how to better manage, but its won me over enough to put the 'ol 755p in the desk drawer.

L8R
    I keep going back and forth on it. I would've bought a Pre by now if the availability wasn't so horrible, but now that I've had time to consider the Touch Pro 2 on Sero... that may be the better option.
    So far I like it a lot for the most part. So I'm going to use it until the end of the trial. My only gripe is no new programs insight. But I also expected this.

I'm hoping to see some decent applications before the end of the trial, or it's going back for now.
    Still waiting for mine :-(

But in the meantime I can read this forums and pretend
    Every day i like my pre more and more. My iphone feels like a slab in my hand now.

Its not perfect, im pissed about the lame *** cut and paste implementation.

But man what a cool little device that will do 95% of what i need right now...i can wait on a few fixes for the other 5%
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    the wife and I love ours, although my wife is a little dissapointed that she isn't getting more phone calls from people, my iphone loving bother and sister in-law seemed to have lost her number and no longer call as much.

To me that is an un-expected super feature and worth the price and the wait for the phone, definately something the iPhone can't do.
    It's a great device, but they have to fix EAS sync soon for me to keep it.
    I have had a blackberry for awhile now and am having a hard time not wanting to go back. Here is why.
    1. No vdownload diskideo camera.....
    2. More dropped calls , never had problems with BB
    3. It will not transfer my contacts to Gmail account, no matter what I try.
    4. I like with BB and the older Palms you received a disc for downloading and storing information on your laptop....no gmail if you don't want it.
    5. Not that fast for texting, small keyboard.
    6. A little to small, I'm a bigger guy and it feels like I'm holding a little toy.

Don't get me wrong it has some good features buy I think my phone within the next few days will be going on ebay.
    I'm still on the fence, but it depends if Palm addresses the reception and heat issues. Additionally, app support. However, my Pre and I are bonding. I'll probably send off the rebate. I've bought some accessories for it, so I'm leaning on keeping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    That is soo true. Kinda like the Kid in 'Ruthless People". Judge Reighold job was to sell electronics. He had this teenager all hepped up about a giant sound system. Then he saw the kid pregnant girlfriend and steered him to much cheaper better product for him. Some people and their priorities are all outta whack.
    I was talking with this woman about starting a line with att and buying the iphone. She ended up with a $300 deposit. She said she could do it but she would have to use her rent money for it, and then asked me if the deposit could be billed for it. As I was explaining to her that a deposit means something you pay before you get a service, i could hear a child in the background complaining about being hungry. She tried to pay for it with a debit card and it came back.. NSF..declined...That actually happened. People are stupid. Also you'd be surprised by how many people ask if they can just be billed for the deposit after getting their phones. How could a deposit on something be paid after the fact????

Oh mines a keeper too...
    I'm still undecided, but I am leaning towards the Pre. I am waiting for the next OS update which will hopefully fix the Exchange Server Issues, heat problem, and reception issues. If those items are addressed and shortage of Pres in the stores is over, I'll give it a try.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    So out of 123 who have actually purchased the Pre and made their final keep/return decision, only 15 have decided to send it back. I think that speaks well for the Pre thus far.

I for one think it is a great upgrade coming from a 755p. My battery life is very good...still at 40% or so at 10 pm after taking it off the TS at 8 am. I'll be getting another for my daughter and son soon.
    Forgot to include a poll option: Waiting for contract to get within expiring period to get the full discount.

3 months to go... it's painful but will be nice to see the bugs/kinks/etc being worked out in the meantime. I played with one in the Sprint store and got my fix for now.

My Centro with TealOS gets a little more depressing to use each day!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I'm keeping it.

The size, the OS and Sprint's plan makes the Pre a win win for me.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist View Post
    Forgot to include a poll option: Waiting for contract to get within expiring period to get the full discount.

3 months to go... it's painful but will be nice to see the bugs/kinks/etc being worked out in the meantime. I played with one in the Sprint store and got my fix for now.

My Centro with TealOS gets a little more depressing to use each day!
    Yeah I realized that and I put that as a note in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Note:
    Forth option should be "Will be purchasing but waiting for availability, $150 rebate, or saving up money"
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

I returned mine today and ported back to ATT. I loved the Pre, but I couldn't deal with Sprints coverage. I'll definitely pick up the GSM Pre when it comes out.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Like the iPhone, Pre is not a serious business productivity device. The lack of local sync is totally unacceptable, primarily for docs to go, pocket quicken, TEAK, Outlook, and TurboPasswords. I also need to use the phone as a modem for secure connections when traveling. I'm sticking with my Treo 755p for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscot2 View Post
    Like the iPhone, Pre is not a serious business productivity device. The lack of local sync is totally unacceptable, primarily for docs to go, pocket quicken, TEAK, Outlook, and TurboPasswords. I also need to use the phone as a modem for secure connections when traveling. I'm sticking with my Treo 755p for now.
    Can't you now sync the Pre to your computer using Pocketmirror for Windows and The Missing Sync for the Mac.They are new apps in the APP store. Pocketmirror is for Windows and The Missing Sync which works with Mac . Pocketmirror works with Outlook and The Missing Sync works with a lot more with the MAC.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Can't you now sync the Pre to your computer using Pocketmirror for Windows and The Missing Sync for the Mac.They are new apps in the APP store. Pocketmirror is for Windows and The Missing Sync which works with Mac . Pocketmirror works with Outlook and The Missing Sync works with a lot more with the MAC.
    Yeah MissingSync does some documents and file but not all the ones tomscot2 mentioned. Does anyone know where it's puts them? I'm guessing it's puts them in either the PDF viewer or Docs to Go sections.

Taken from MarkSpace.com:
    Docs and Files
    For school. For work. PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. Sync them all, then view them on your Pre

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast