Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Hopefully we don't ge tangled up in this 'wobbly slider' craze that Nokia owners have. I can't begin to tell you how many Nokia N95/N85/etc owners return perfectly good phones b/c they are obsessive about the slider wobble. All slider phones will have some play to them. Otherwise they wouldn't slide open.

I do, however, worry about cracking my screen. All the time.
    Yeah but there are clear differences in build quality from one Pre to another. And sorry, but if Im spending $300 on a phone + contract + service plan, its not gonna be of poor build quality.
    Man they need to get on top of these small issues before they ruin their image :/
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    My Pre has been very solid, with no apparent hardware difficulties.

That said, if they ARE having manufacturing issues, I hope they can resolve them before they start pushing really hard in their ad campaign. Once a few million people are looking at Pres instead of a few hundred thousand, Palm's reputation can go downhill in a hurry.

It's kind of sad, because one of the things I always loved about Palm was their build quality. The Treos were utterly bulletproof. I dropped my 650 maybe ten times and it never had any operational issue; just scars from where it hit the pavement.

Most of the drops were in the past year, when I stopped being so careful with it. I think by subconscious started telling me "Excuse for a new phone needed!"
    I am on my third Pre and this one is probably going back too. The first Pre would not stop freezing and the second Pre had a very loose slider with a 1/8th inch gap between the halves. The current or third Pre will not charge with touchstone anymore, get very hot when charging, has screen spots, and half the keys on the keyboard do not give any feedback when pressed. I may be going back to my Curve until the Pre is fixed or the Tour comes out.
    Sprint Palm Pre....greatest Sprint phone ever created.
    I have been obsessing over the "wobble" for about a week now, and I also have one dead pixel. I have been contemplating taking it back, but I don't want to end up with worse issues. The other thing is, with TEP, if anything really does develop, I should be able to exchange it (Hopefully without deductible, since it would be a manufacturing issue)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I have been obsessing over the "wobble" for about a week now, and I also have one dead pixel. I have been contemplating taking it back, but I don't want to end up with worse issues. The other thing is, with TEP, if anything really does develop, I should be able to exchange it (Hopefully without deductible, since it would be a manufacturing issue)
    With TEP there is no deductible.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I got my replacement today for stuck pixels. Everything looked good in-store, but when I was about to apply my skin I noticed two smaller stuck pixels. This one also crashed when playing a YouTube video and randomly ended a call I was on. The new one was the yellow sunset box, and the first one was the black flower box, but they were both manufactured on 5/30. Maybe that day was a bad batch, and it leads me to believe the box doesn't have much to do with it.

Wish me luck with number three once I can find one!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Where do you go to find the manufactured date on the phone? I wonder if there are any other identifiers that indicate the source of origin. I believe they have more than one supplier for the phone, right?
    My wife and I both purchased Pre's on launch day from Best Buy and have had zero issues with either of them. I agree with one of the previous posters that stated when they got their phone, the slider was a little too stiff (really took two hands to open), but after a week of use, it is just right and can easily be opened with one hand now. There is a slight bit of wiggle on the screen part when it is opened, but barely noticeable unless you are physically trying to wiggle it back & forth. Nothing but solid preformance on the hardware & software for us so far.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Zero problems on my launch day Pre. My slider was also pretty stiff on the first day, but gotten better over the days. Although it's upsetting that these hardware problems exist, I'm enjoying the phone very much.

Sooner or later, these hardware problems will get better and I can always use my TEP to get another Pre or try to get an exchange.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    This is really sad. Palm had ample time to take care of these hardware issues. One week with my Palm Pre-cious reveals the good and bad | Smartphones and Cell Phones | ZDNet.com
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodson View Post
    Where do you go to find the manufactured date on the phone? I wonder if there are any other identifiers that indicate the source of origin. I believe they have more than one supplier for the phone, right?
    Go into the phone app and put in ##786#. The "warrantydatecode" is your date of manufacture.
    Quote Originally Posted by exces6 View Post
    Go into the phone app and put in ##786#. The "warrantydatecode" is your date of manufacture.
    My warrantycode is 5/16/2009. i seemto hav2a pretty solid unit. it wasnt preloadedwith 1.02 though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12