1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am posting this for a friend who is a long-time user of the Palm. He just purchased the Pre and has discovered that the notifications in the calendar are different from that of previous Palms. For example, he would like to set a notification to go off 13 minutes before an appointment (or 1 hour, 47 minutes, etc). The Pre only allows a set number of intervals, i.e. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, etc. (I don't have the Pre in front of me so I don't know the exact intervals). The problem for him is that it does not allow for free-form entries. He would like to be able to enter any number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, etc. as he has been able to do with his current Palm (forgive me but I don't know the model but it is not a Windows based Palm). Instead of 5 minutes in the pull down menu he might, for example, want to make it 7 minutes. It should be noted that when his calendar was imported from his current Palm to the Pre, his notifications were set using the times in his current Palm. So even though he cannot set a reminder for 13 minutes prior to an appointment in the Pre, any entry that came from his Palm kept the original setting.

So, the question is, is he missing something or did they remove this in the Pre? Might an app be developed in the near future for this?

Unfortunately, as much as he enjoys the Pre, without this ability the Pre will makes its way back to the store.

Thanks for the help,
    Aaron
    Unfortunately, that is not an option in the current build of the new WebOS. There is only 5 minute intervals.

You can use the old Palm OS emulator to set your own alarm times, but the print is very small.