Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't even enable voice-mail. No doubt it makes sense from a business perspective, but for me it's just seems to be a way increasing the number of calls charged. If they don't get through they won't be charged and I don't need to call back. They will ring back later.
    It looks like comcast holds the trademark on " comcast visual voice mail", but the trademark on "visual voice mail" has expired (source: Trademarks)

Word Mark VISUAL VOICEMAIL
    Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer application software for mobile phones. FIRST USE: 20060110. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20060112
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 77085037
    Filing Date January 17, 2007
    Current Filing Basis 1A
    Original Filing Basis 1A
    Owner (APPLICANT) Core Mobility, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1280 Villa Street Mountain View CALIFORNIA 94041
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
    Abandonment Date November 8, 2007
    Meh. I had the Instinct and enjoyed having visual voicemail and even used the voice commands to do search and to call people. Though it was a nice thing to have, I'm not about to go back to my Instinct from the Pre. I've adapted to using the speed dials for those I call often and going back to standard voicemail has not been a big ordeal for me. I don't get lots of voicemails so its not as big of a deal compared to others, but generally most of my friends and family text me since that is way easier to get ahold of me versus voicemail.
    I really would like this feature! is it possible yet? i hate listening to the whole message bull****. iphone and instinct, why not pre?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisty83 View Post
    I really would like this feature! is it possible yet? i hate listening to the whole message bull****. iphone and instinct, why not pre?
    That's really worth diggin up a 3 month old, moldy topic thread covered in dust???
    i didnt even look when it was posted but i think so! or should i have made a new post and got more mess for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by travisty83 View Post
    i didnt even look when it was posted but i think so! or should i have made a new post and got more mess for it?
    It died because it can't be done with the current SDK, so we are all waiting for palm to open it up some more for the dev's...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I agree they should have included Visual VM.Its the new standard for smart phones ...and also the basic SMS signature line
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123