Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm why in the world did you put that cover on the USB port. Very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Palm why in the world did you put that cover on the USB port. Very frustrating.
    I would not do that - the Treo 600 I've been using before Pre has uncovered charging port, and it used to collect all sorts of lint from my pocket - while cleaning it up with a toothpick I ended up shorting something too - not pretty.
    yeah - I messed up one of my phones with lint..

I think i might just buy the touchstone charger just because the usb charger is so inconvienent and hard to slide open the pre with the charger in....damn them and there marketing tactics
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    After opening the first couple of times its easier. The IC902 had a cover that was even tighter as far as how far it came out when undone is concerned.
    I open the pre charger port from the button and it comes right off.
    Blackberries don't have covers on the ports (my Bold doesn't at least)...

Lint never caused a single problem...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    If you open it with the keyboard out it is alot easier
    maybe they made it so inconvenient to sell more touchstones.....
    Im used to it. My Instinct was the same way. It was a pain to open with my silicone cover on though.
    LMAOOOO yeah that usb cover is a pain in the *** but its alot easier if you just slide the phone open and then take it off and i also noticed that after a while it gets easier
    As prebandit said and someone else posted awhile back that tipped me off to it, the USB port is super easy to open if you slide the keyboard out first. The first 5 or so times its still a bit tough, but after that opening it is a breeze with the keyboard out.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I too think that its a marketing ploy to sell more touchstones. Even inserting the cable is pushing into the top half of the screen which is definitely not good do to the design. I don't know what they were thinking....
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    maybe they made it so inconvenient to sell more touchstones.....
    Bingo that is exactly why. and to stick it to the man i will never buy that stupid over priced touch stone. its cool idea but not for 70 fing dollars
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    not exactly on topic, but FWIW i usually use a toothbrush to clean the lint out of any sockets at work... blackberries, treos, iphones, etc etc. the trick is to brush it at a sharper angle than the direction you are going in...

and on topic... i hate that usb cover, thankfully i havent trimmed my nails so short that i couldnt get under it to pry it open.
    lots of phone have no USB covers
    cant imagine how it would cause a problem unless u dropped it in mounds of soft dirt
    I didn't realize it pulls out for the first couple days. I was just prying it loose and rotating it like a doofus.

Somebody should make replacement rubber plugs that you just stick in the USB slot. Sell them like $5 for 3 or 4 of them. I would buy it.

Also noticed that if you take the back cover off the camera lens would be a lot easier to get to for cleaning. I was thinking this thing is going to fill up with dust so fast and it will look like junk just like my treo did, but it should be easy to clean.
    Yea, I can't believe that there wasn't an easier, better way or designing this little cover. Even with the keyboard open (it helps!) it is still pretty hard to open and every time I open it I think I'm going to snap it off.

But I still love my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Bingo that is exactly why. and to stick it to the man i will never buy that stupid over priced touch stone. its cool idea but not for 70 fing dollars
    You can get it for 50 bucks via the precentral store.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandit.manish View Post
    I would not do that - the Treo 600 I've been using before Pre has uncovered charging port, and it used to collect all sorts of lint from my pocket - while cleaning it up with a toothpick I ended up shorting something too - not pretty.
    I hate to think what the lint in your pocket is made of. The dozens of phone models without port covers sold to tens of thousands of customers without any problems make your "lint from my pocket" theory a questionable one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    You can get it for 50 bucks via the precentral store.
    man i wish i new that mon cuz i paid 70 bucks for mine
    Cut a notch out of the bottom of mine with an exacto knife....much easier to grab now (don't need sharp fingernails.) it does get easier and the Touchstone is awesome. With that and BT should never need to remove it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast