Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Once I read about opening the slider before removing the cover it's now a piece of cake.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just pony up for the overpriced touchstone and don't look back. Once you've used it a few times, you'll wonder why you hesitated. You're missing out on the whole Pre "experience" without the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    The cover I can live with, the port being on the side and not the bottom is a PITA when trying to use it while charging.
    Makes the touchstone sooooo worth it...
    Is anyone else's usb connection now becoming loose with all the plugging/unplugging to keep the battery topped off?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by pandit.manish View Post
    I would not do that - the Treo 600 I've been using before Pre has uncovered charging port, and it used to collect all sorts of lint from my pocket - while cleaning it up with a toothpick I ended up shorting something too - not pretty.
    The Pre is a different animal. I used to repair Treo's as a side job and the problem was more in the way the charger meshed with the connector. It couldn't handle any sort of interference from dust or grime. The USB port on the Pre was designed from the ground up to handle issues like this. Ever see a USB port on a laptop / netbook covered up? Heck, even the iMacs are exposed. Trust me - rip that stupid little cover off!
    my usb cover fell off!!!!! does anyone know how to put it back on??? nothing broke i cant seem to get it to hang again help !!!!!!!!! MESSAGE ME IF U KNOW TO GET IT BACK ON PLEASEEEE
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just purchased a TouchStone for $39.99 at Radio Shack, replacement back plate included..
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    I can truly say that I have never had a problem opening the cover on the USB and I love having that cover. My Instinct had it. Just makes it look sleeker in mine. It's a bit harder with the cover (the chrome or red one that comes from Sprint) until I figured you didn't need to slide open the phone to open that slot. LOL!
    I got rid of my cover it was the most annoying thing ever.
    I might have to get the stone - I never had a problem with the cover but it is uncomfortable to use the phone with the plug on the side. Who's bright idea was it to locate the plug on the side anyway? That engineer should be punched in his side, LOL.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I mostly use touchstone charging besides my patches, media transfers, etc.... My usb cover fell off a few weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The touchstone is worth every penny, and around holidays you can find it for a great price, as well as here on Precentral. The back alone is worth the price because it gives a great feel to the phone, IMO should have been with the original phone rather than the shiny back. It also makes charging easy because you can just drop it on the TS rather than always screwing with the cord and usb cover. I always said you have to be kidding about paying extra for a charger until I got it. Now I wonder what I ever did without one.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I would love to get the touchstone so I wouldnt have to charge my phone through the USB, but I also media sync and USB sync alot during the day and I am planning on getting the 2600mAh battery which sadly is not touchstone compatible (I wonder why?). Is there a way to remove the door and not damage either the phone or the door assembly? I would love to remove it but would also like to replace it if I felt the need to do so. Thanks!
    Never did get the fuss over the port. Simple pinky fingernail under the cover does the job, keyboard open or no.
    with touchstone and winscp what possible reason do u need a data cable for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Cut a notch out of the bottom of mine with an exacto knife....much easier to grab now (don't need sharp fingernails.) it does get easier and the Touchstone is awesome. With that and BT should never need to remove it.
    Can you post a picture of what this look like? It sounds like a good modification.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Are you saying that with Winscp you can wireless transfer data from your computer to the PRE? That would be very cool.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    The 2600mAh battery is not touchstone compatible, and since I use my phone for everything now by the time I get home from the gym at ~6pm my phone needs to be charged. Now if you can wirelessly media and usb sync with the 2600mAh battery Im getting then I will go out and buy a touchstone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Are you saying that with Winscp you can wireless transfer data from your computer to the PRE? That would be very cool.
    Agreed.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Yea I would definitely like to know more about this, like. what is it and how do I do it.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast