View Poll Results: Will the Pre last two years?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 57.58%
  • No

14 42.42%
  1.    #1  
    What do you folks think. Will this phone make it through a two year contract without needing to be replaced from defects or wear/tear?
    well, that all depends on how you handle your phones. for some people it would prolly last them longer then their contract, others will drop it infront of a steam roller every other day. I expect mine to last at least 2 years, but one never knows....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    well, that all depends on how you handle your phones. for some people it would prolly last them longer then their contract, others will drop it infront of a steam roller every other day. I expect mine to last at least 2 years, but one never knows....
    which is why i specified defects or wear/tear... not steam rollers
    I assumed you mean from my perspective, not life expectancy of the phone. Since I have yet to keep a phone for two years, I picked no. There will be some Pre 2 or something that will be amazing and make me want to upgrade 18 months from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    which is why i specified defects or wear/tear... not steam rollers
    true, but for those people, that might be normal wear and tear for them........ that was the point i was making, some people are a little rougher on there phones then others. those people who work outside alot tend to have more wear on there phones from everyday use in that environment then people who have a nice desk job and are inside alot more.
    I've had to replace my treo 600 3 times during the 1st year. Sprint was kind enough to replace it for me every single time - I hope they're just as good with Pre, in case I need to do the same. I have had the light leakage and battery warmup, but right now I just got off a 40 minute voice call, and battery has only gone from 90% to 80%. No warmup, and no more light leakage. I do however have a little wobble in the slider..barely noticable. It is behaving just like my car - the symptoms disappear and magically re-appear in a few days

Long story short, I think I'll keep it and really really pray it lasts for 22 months. Hopefully by then Palm will release the SDK and I can write apps - a major reason for me to buy this phone.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    I assumed you mean from my perspective, not life expectancy of the phone. Since I have yet to keep a phone for two years, I picked no. There will be some Pre 2 or something that will be amazing and make me want to upgrade 18 months from now.
    the same with me. im sure pre2 will pop up this time next year.
    i'm sure mine will last at least 2 yrs as i'm pretty easy on phones and take care of them.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute