1.    #1  
    As most of you did, I got my Pre the day it came out. I had been experiencing many issues with my new device so I decided I would take it in to the Sprint store to have them look at it. I expected them to just look at it for a minute and be able to tell me what was wrong with it. But they took it from me to run a "diagnostic test" when I got it back they told me it had failed the test... But they didn't tell me what that really meant. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
    If you go into device info, then click more info, then click Preferences in the upper left hand corner, there is a listing for Quick tests and Interactive tests. Your phone failed one of these tests. Did they give you a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by toolbox123 View Post
    As most of you did, I got my Pre the day it came out. I had been experiencing many issues with my new device so I decided I would take it in to the Sprint store to have them look at it. I expected them to just look at it for a minute and be able to tell me what was wrong with it. But they took it from me to run a "diagnostic test" when I got it back they told me it had failed the test... But they didn't tell me what that really meant. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
    Here is a thread about the quick tests:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nder-pref.html
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Mine passed all tests, no problems.
    Why didn't you ask THEM what that meant?
    For WiFi, the Pre will fail the test if you tell it to test WiFi when you aren't connected to a WiFi network. I ran the test once while connected and again when not connected. It passed while connected and failed while disconnected.

That's been my experience. My hardware is good. YMMV.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    For WiFi, the Pre will fail the test if you tell it to test WiFi when you aren't connected to a WiFi network. I ran the test once while connected and again when not connected. It passed while connected and failed while disconnected.

That's been my experience. My hardware is good. YMMV.
    I had the same experince.
    Quote Originally Posted by toolbox123 View Post

Thanks.
    It means you should request a replacement or refund.
  9.    #9  
    When they found out I got my Pre at Best Buy... they pretty much shut down. Told me to go to Best Buy and get it replaced. None of the stores around me have any though, so I'm out of luck. Oh and they didn't seem to imply that it was the tests on the phone. They said it failed "our diagnostic tests"... IDK. Thanks anyway.