Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I am a long time treo user (600 -650 -700p - 800w) and am looking at the PRE. Over the years I have become completely dependent on 3 main apps. Before I made the jump from Palm OS to WM I had to make sure I was supported. Can someone confirm the existance, planned existance for the following:

1. Mobipocket Reader. I read 2-3 novels a week on my phone, and this is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE. Has anyone tried this with the palm os emulator? I might be able to survive if there is another ebook reader, but prefer mobi by a WIDE margin.

2. Splashmoney. At this point I am not sure if I could balance my checkbook on my own. I see SplashID is out, so this may be on its way as a native app. In the interim, again, does it work with the PalmOS emulator?

3. goodlink. (my company uses Lotus Notes and this is the ONLY solution due to the locked down mail system) This is not a dealbreaker for me. I have heard that GoodLink is working on a WEBOS version. Of the 3, I could live without this, but would miss having my work email on my phone. Anyone hear or see any update from GoodLink on a beta or due date other than "later in 2009"?

I appreciate any and all responses.
    uh, that'd be a no, no, and a no. any more questions?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    1.Yes, there is a book reader called Shortcovers.
    2.Yes, developers are working on a money app.
    3. I don't know.

Do, not listen to Gekko. He has become a bitter old palm os guy.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    There is the ebook reader called Shortcovers. I haven't tried it out, so I can't comment on how good it is.

EDIT: too late. I'm slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    1.Yes, there is a book reader called Shortcovers.
    2.Yes, developers are working on a money app.
    3. I don't know.

Do, not listen to Gekko. He has become a bitter old palm os guy.
    Poor Gekko

This may be a substitute for Goodlink http://www.precentral.net/companionl...hers-webos-pre
    my advice is to wait a few months for the OS to maturebup abit. I used WM for awhile and the thing I like about it is that it is ALWAYS capable. What every I want to do it can. That's because is has like 10 years of experence. In a few months the OS and the app store will have matured enough for all porpose use.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C View Post

1. Mobipocket Reader. I read 2-3 novels a week on my phone, and this is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE. Has anyone tried this with the palm os emulator? I might be able to survive if there is another ebook reader, but prefer mobi by a WIDE margin.
    I have not used Mobipocket Reader, but I can confirm that if you purchase the PalmOS Emulator for $30 that Plucker works well. I read the free books from project Gutenberg using Plucker, and have been able to migrate them all to the Pre with the emulator.
    There's a download app called classic that allows you to use MobiPocket and Quicken. I don't use splash money. But there's a link for programs that work in classic. I think that would work for you.
    seriously Gekko, are you spending any time in the iphone forums? I'm sure they miss you!
    I use mobipocket.... it works in classic just fine
    I don't want to start a flame war or anything but I've looked over Gekko's past posts at it seems he just starts arguments and trashes the Pre.

I'm not trying to be mean, but if you don't like the Pre then why are you on a Pre forum? Just my thoughts.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Gekko has gone full on troll, don't feed him and don't mind him. He's not said anything worth while in a week.

OP, I think the first two you talked about are able to be ran in Classic. I'm unsure about the last though I heard prior to the launch there was going to be a Lotus Notes solution.

That said, they seem to be pumping out a few new programs every day. I don't imagine it will be long till what you want is out. That said, if the hassle of going through classic would bug you it may be in your best interest, if those are your "needs" with the phone, to wait about 3 months and then see how things have developed in regards to programs.