Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hey, does anybodies pre goes black or crashes when making a call. Mine does, and not even a hard reset fixes the issue..
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    mine will sometimes keep flashing to a black screen, then turn back on, then go back to black... sucks when you are trying to dial the keypad during a call (automated numbers)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    My phone just crashed to the point where I had to take the battery out and reboot. No call was involved. However, once I got it back online, I noticed a new SMS message -- don't know if that had anything to do with it or was just coincidence. That's my first crash since getting the Pre last Saturday.
    > ucsbleo---I've noticed that the screen goes black as your face nears the phone...but when you remove the phone from your face the dialer screen reappears. I think the screen goes blank so you don't accidentally hang up with your cheek.
    The black issue is the proximity sensor at work, its so your face doesnt dial. A great feature to have, since i doubt the screen can tell your face from a finger, its the same current running into the screen.
    One of the phones we got had a faulty proximity sensor, where the screen would not turn back on when the phone was moved away from the face, and the other had the faulty battery issue (shutting off when slide open/close). We exchanged both of them today and one of them is fine and now the other still has the battery issue. Will call the store tomorrow and do another exchange. Maybe 3rd is a charm!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Not the case Jersey Girl, It goes blank in the palm of my hand. I think the proximity sensor is shot!!!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    did you guys leave the screen protector that came w/ the pre on there? My phone's screen was turning itself off because the proximity sensor detected the screen protector (again, the one that came w/ the pre). As soon as i removed it, everything worked great.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    skgarack, screen protector not the case ieghter...
    I also had this problem.. and we found out that it was the lighting that I was in that was causing the problem if you hold the pre so that it doesn't hit direct light, which in my case it was to tilt it down to the ground as so the pre itself was blocking the sun. If the lighting to the sensor is the problem that little trouble shoot should help you weed it out...

Hoped that helps
    I had similar issue with screen blanking and it was hard to end the call. I removed orginal screen protection that came with phone. Things worked fine after that.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Well well well, everyone, I sold the the issue!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the hare case that I purchesed. It was covering the proximity sensor. I removed the cover by chance and the screen lit up... So if anyone is considering buying a hard cover, make sure that it does not cover the face to the right of the speaker(not the one on the back of the phone).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preaddict View Post
    I had similar issue with screen blanking and it was hard to end the call. I removed orginal screen protection that came with phone. Things worked fine after that.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    Well well well, everyone, I sold the the issue!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the hare case that I purchesed. It was covering the proximity sensor. I removed the cover by chance and the screen lit up... So if anyone is considering buying a hard cover, make sure that it does not cover the face to the right of the speaker(not the one on the back of the phone).
    I think you solved my problem! I took off my new hard case for my Pre, and just successfully placed & ended a call. Glad I didn't drive the 50 minutes to the closest Sprint store to find out this answer.

Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    Not the case Jersey Girl, It goes blank in the palm of my hand. I think the proximity sensor is shot!!!!
    I would have to agree. when I'm in the dialpad I can't do anything to get the screen to go black. The proximity sensor is not being monitored. Once I connect with a call, the software then begins monitoring the sensor and the screen goes black when I bring it near my face (or just cover the phone with my hand to test it).
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Mine is doing the same thing. The difference is I dont use a hard case or screen protector. I have nothing covering the pre basically. Everytime someone calls me or I place a call I have to take the battery out to end the call. Pretty pathetic, Im gonna take it to Sprint and see what can be done or swapped out.

I will say my perception of this device is losing steam...
    The proximity sensor is just to the right of the earpiece speaker. Don't cover this area with anything. The end.
    i had this problem....changed the screen protector and solved it....
    Same problem for me. It's not consistent though, I may have a faulty sensor. Thanks for the heads-up on that possibility!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    i have this issue and plenty and have the zagg IS but plenty of others with same thing have no issues.. id hate to peel off the zagg and it still be busted tho i guess it leads to same thing cause either way i loose shield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast