Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am definetly going to buy a Pre but I am very busy and technically challenged. I have been reading about the bugs and it sounds like they will be fixed soon. I need a dependable phone now, should I buy it now or wait till the bugs in WebOS are fixed? About how long will I have to wait for the major bugs to be fixed? Thanks.
    You are asking a question that has no answer. Unless someone here has a functional crystal ball... Think back to how long it took Apple to get basic functions to the iPhone. Look at how long it took for Verizon to issue a much needed OS update for the Storm. Take your cue from those two examples...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    I am definetly going to buy a Pre but I am very busy and technically challenged. I have been reading about the bugs and it sounds like they will be fixed soon. I need a dependable phone now, should I buy it now or wait till the bugs in WebOS are fixed? About how long will I have to wait for the major bugs to be fixed? Thanks.
    IMO wait at least 6 months.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    This is currently the best phone on Sprint. Even with the so called bugs, which I don't have any. Remember the whiners and complainers are always the loudest and most annoying. For every 1 complaint there is 10 happy customers keeping quiet.

My previous phones on Sprint.

Lotus
    Touch Pro
    Touch Diamond
    Blackberry Curve
    Instinct
  5.    #5  
    You really think it is going to take 6 months to get WebOS rock solid? I would think they are working on the bugs 24/7 and the issues would be resolved in a few months. Thanks.
    You really think it is going to take 6 months to get WebOS rock solid? I would think they are working on the bugs 24/7 and the issues would be resolved in a few months. Thanks.
    Naivete is alive and well in you!
  7.    #7  
    "Naivete is alive and well in you! " Wishfull thinking. I want to get one so bad but I now I will get a unit with the problems. What about quality control, don't they test the units before they go out? Oh well, I'll probably wait a few months to buy one and hope the major bugs are fixed. Thanks guys.
    "Naivete is alive and well in you! " Wishfull thinking. I want to get one so bad but I now I will get a unit with the problems. What about quality control, don't they test the units before they go out? Oh well, I'll probably wait a few months to buy one and hope the major bugs are fixed. Thanks guys.
    IT seems quite apparent that QC is lacking at the contracted Palm factories.
    sounds like you need a Centro.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    IT seems quite apparent that QC is lacking at the contracted Palm factories.
    1812dave, does not own a pre and has only seen one in the store. He started posting before the Pre came out and has said nothing positive about the phone. I think they are called trolls, moles, or something. All I know is at this point if you don't have one and aren't getting one. What is the point of sticking around unless you are here to discredit a product that makes yours feel inferior.
    My answer would be it depends on what you will be using the Pre for - if it's extremely business intensive like some on here going a mile a minute, I'd wait. If it's "regular" use, I don't think you'll go wrong with buying it now.

Give us some idea of how you expect to use it?
    I'm more worried about the HW problems than SW. SW is a lot easier to change after its in customer's hands than HW. I'm waiting for a few production runs to happen.
    Definitely wait.
    There are enough people reporting a trouble free experience that, if I could get one now, I would. See how it goes yourself and you can always return it within the 30 days. (That's assuming that you can get on for a while with the software deficiencies which have been highlighted.)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Loving mine. No problems at all. (well, I thought there may be leakage on the screen but I think my eyes were playing tricks cause I can't find it anymore). What does worry me are the reports of the fragile screens. I find myself being extra cautious.
    im gonna wait about a month or so. Get the initial batches out of the way.
    now now now

3 pres in my house and everyone loves it
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    This is currently the best phone on Sprint. Even with the so called bugs, which I don't have any. Remember the whiners and complainers are always the loudest and most annoying. For every 1 complaint there is 10 happy customers keeping quiet.

My previous phones on Sprint.

Lotus
    Touch Pro
    Touch Diamond
    Blackberry Curve
    Instinct
    Wow, that's quite a ratio! Can you provide some quantitative proof for that amazing 1:10 ratio as I am going to publish this in an article!
    I am certainly glad I got mine!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I can't upgrade till September which might end up being a blessing in disguise.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast