Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I decided to wait. Nobody has them locally and I have to be
    Waiting list to get it. I bought me and iPod touch for cheap from craiglist. Now I have a centro, touch, and netbook I carry.
    I was going to make a similar post, but I'll just piggy back off of this one. A question I have is what hardware problems are there with the phone that you could potentially end up "stuck with" and not be able to get a replacement for? Is EVERYTHING pretty much fixable at this point, either with an update or a replacment? Or are there some hardware problems that they won't replace for?
    Wait a few months for them to iron out all the bugs.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'd wait six months - most of the OS problems should be sorted and the size of the app catalogue will tell you if webos has a future.
    Last edited by CGK; 06/12/2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    I am definetly going to buy a Pre but I am very busy and technically challenged. I have been reading about the bugs and it sounds like they will be fixed soon. I need a dependable phone now, should I buy it now or wait till the bugs in WebOS are fixed? About how long will I have to wait for the major bugs to be fixed? Thanks.
    Given the posts that you "thanked", why did you even bother to post this? Think you knew the answer already....
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It comes down to what your alternative is. I got the Pre to replace the AT&T Tilt Winmo with 6.5 on it. A functional phone, but it was way behind on OS features. The Pre has been fantastic in my opinion and I have high hopes on the future. If you can wait and use what you have, bugs will be fixed and more apps will come out. If you like a fun ride, jump aboard. The phone is already rooted, I added the function to have more launcher screens yesterday, so a lot can be done through the community as well as what Palm will roll out.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    I'm more worried about the HW problems than SW. SW is a lot easier to change after its in customer's hands than HW. I'm waiting for a few production runs to happen.
    I agree with you. A few productions runs will help with the build quality. By then there should also be some updates to WebOS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    you will need to decide if the phone does what YOU need it to do.....
    everybody has different need/ wants.

my advice is to go to a Sprint store, and checkout a Pre in person, make sure you check to see how it does the things that YOU need it to do....

For me it was easy, I researched it before it was released, and made sure it did everything that I needed it to do..... I'm very happy with my decision!

I'd love for them to come out with visual voicemail on the Pre, it's the only thing I miss from my Instinct..

I think alot of the complainers are the ones that didn't do the research on the phone, and just went out and bought it only to find out that there wasn't support for the things they needed.....yet...

peoples opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one......
    see it for yourself...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    I am definetly going to buy a Pre but I am very busy and technically challenged. I have been reading about the bugs and it sounds like they will be fixed soon. I need a dependable phone now, should I buy it now or wait till the bugs in WebOS are fixed? About how long will I have to wait for the major bugs to be fixed? Thanks.
    I would wait until the build quality improves (wobbly slider mechanism and easily cracked screens).
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Well my Centro died, just the day after I stopped by the Sprint store to see what the big deal is about the Palm Pre.

Although I am eligible for the upgrade and credit for the other 2 phones for a $100 credit, I am turned off by the price of the plans on the phone. I will end up paying about $40 more a month for having this phone cuz it changes my current plan.

P.S. I loved the camera! -LOL

Insider, i've always wanted a Treo with a flash. Other than that the interface rocks! I love the innovative things it does. I don't understand the lack of video or expandable memory slot, come on Palm.

Oh, if i'm mistaken in my one day research i'm sure sumone will correct me. -lls
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Well i went into the Sprint store again after doing my lil research and decided to pass on the Pre for now. I don't like the things that its lacking that were available in former Treo models. I can live with the other missing functions cuz they can added via 3rd party apps, but no expandable slot, that's not gonna physically change.

Oh well.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I am certainly glad I got mine!
    Me too I have yet to have any problems. A also was able to do everything my friends can do on the iphone for about 30.00 cheaper a month. Only problem I have is that there is no video and the battery life is too short. Other then that I believe this is the best phone ever.
    I need more apps/upgrades before retiring my Treo 680. Bookmarks for the audio player would be a good start.

I am going to really miss the icon view in the calendar app with Datebk5.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12