View Poll Results: How is everyone carrying their pre?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OEM Leather holster

66 20.06%
  • Palm OEM Included pouch

107 32.52%
  • Sprint Plastic holster

3 0.91%
  • Other method for me

153 46.50%
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't have a pre.....yet, but normally I carry my phones in a dedicated pocket. With the handfull of cracked screens, how are the current pre owners carrying?
    I just carry mine in my front pocket using the included pouch.
    In the Palm horizontal leather case on my belt, screen facing in.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I bought that stupid holster, do not do that! Honestly, I have found the original case to work the best for me. I put it in the case when not in use and then either put it in my pocket or set it in my car. It feels good in my pocket with the case. Most smart phones in the Pre's class do not feel good in your pocket.
    Yeah, the Sprint OEM holster sucks! Luckily, I only paid 15 shipped. Looking for a good holster eventually, something will present itself.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I put mine in the pouch that came in the phone, and then put in my oem curve holster
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am using one of those sticky buttons on the back of the phone and a belt clip.

Ultra Clip & Case Tab...

I use this method on all my phones. It gives me the quickest access to my phone and allows me to put it in my pocket if I want. I don't want a bulky case on my phone.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Very Carefully !
    I am using an OEM Blackberry Curve leather holster. Nearly the exact size needed (just a tad wider than the Pre) and works great! I had paid ~$8 for in on eBay vs. the silly and insulting $40 for the Palm holster.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i use the included pouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I just carry mine in my front pocket using the included pouch.
    same here...still waiting for that great review on a screen protector
    Front left pocket in included sleeve and nothing else in the pocket. Once I get a nice protector I can get rid of the sleeve but it's pretty nice. It's actually what I've always been looking for in a phone case. It's thin enough that it can still fit in my pocket and I don't need to strap anything on my belt.
    Right front pocket by itself, screen in. I've done this for years, hopefully the Pre will hold up like my Treos did.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    The leather Palm holster above my left front pocket. I don't like something with weight sitting in my pocket (even change drives me nuts), so this was a good solution. I also find that the case is breaking in a little, which is nice.

I also go back and forth between the Palm case and an old Tumi Palm V wallet-case-thing. I was using this with my BB Curve prior, and it was great. Half wallet, half phone holder. I got real used to always carrying something, and it wasn't really a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I am using one of those sticky buttons on the back of the phone and a belt clip.

Ultra*Clip*&*Case*Tab...

I use this method on all my phones. It gives me the quickest access to my phone and allows me to put it in my pocket if I want. I don't want a bulky case on my phone.
    I'm glad that works for you, but my initial reaction was one of concern because I tried those back in the day and my phone fell off quite frequently.

They'd give me a new one for free, but eventually, it would come off, too. Maybe it's that Florida heat. I dunno, but I was fuggin' my phone UP.

ANY case, though, that can wear down by INCHES and then reaches the point where my phone is likely to fall, unprotected, from hip to ground is OUT.

I used to SWEAR by those aluminum INNODOCK cases, but, again, INCHES. The foam padding would wear out and scratch the phone and the clip would wear down and cause it to pop out and down to the ground, where the case would POP open, TOSSING my poor, beloved Treo to the unforgiving parking lot.

::sobs::

Pardon me. I need a moment.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I bought the leather pouch from Palm. Works great.
  17.    #17  
    Good to hear people are still carrying in pockets, sounds like a relative few that are cracking.
    Front left pocket, naked. Or in my left hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc2027 View Post
    Good to hear people are still carrying in pockets, sounds like a relative few that are cracking.
    Just enough to keep me clucking.

(i.e. "chicken")
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Right front pocket by itself, screen in. I've done this for years, hopefully the Pre will hold up like my Treos did.
    Same.

About the first 6 months I had my 600 I carried it in an extremely sturdy hard case. Since then I've gone almost exclusively naked except for a screen protector. plan on doing the same for the pre.

I'm also crazy careful with my phone though.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast