View Poll Results: How is everyone carrying their pre?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OEM Leather holster

66 20.06%
  • Palm OEM Included pouch

107 32.52%
  • Sprint Plastic holster

3 0.91%
  • Other method for me

153 46.50%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Warning Warning ! Spring Clip holster
    I had my Samsung Blackjack in the Seidio spring clip holster and sometimes the clip would unclip from the phone causing me to dopr the phone e.g. when getting out of the car the seat belt going across the clip !
    Sometimes when sat in tight seats

Anyway it happened quite often but my Bjack was a sturdy fellow. I doubt my Pre woukld survive one fall on the concrete floor!

Before I identify my preference can I ask what screen protector are most folk buying? I am about concerned bout getting any scratches on mine.

I don't think I want one of those super dooper films that need precise fitting and you have to spend the next month getting rid of air bubbles. Happy to go with something easy to fit, wont change colour and can be removed without harm to device easily

I am also concerned about dust getting in the device. My Blackjack suffered from dust / lint inside my pocket getting under the screen BOY THAT IS ANNOYING !!!!! It is probably worse than scratches!! Anyone reported dust yet !???

I can't really put mine in my pocket as I wear suits all day and rush about a lot and that bulk would swing around in there like I am trying to boast that I have a large ...errrr... you know!

The Body glove here on the Accessories page looks fabulous so that is what I will be getting.

I move around alot and want to know there is little chance but I also want whatever I use to be as light as possible and I don't want any added bult when using the phone such as holding the phone in a flip case.

I usually use landscape belt clip holders that DON'T have a swivel clip
    By landscape I mean the long edge faces up. This ensures I don't look too much like a star trek geek and it doesn't typically get in the way of anything as it follows th belt line.

However I find the leather cases too shiny (Trekkie!) and generally too think/heavy.

So the body glove it is.

Lighter than leather and less visible/shiny with maximum belt attachment security
    http://store.precentral.net/body-glo...4A120A2701.htm
    Does anyone know if you can use the wired headset when this is in the case?
    I remeber using a leather hole punch in my last leather belt clip case and it worked just fine.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    I just carry mine in the cheapy little pouch it came with. I am gonna be getting the invisible shield in a few days. I too am a pocket guy... So I am making sure to be super careful with it until its properly protected.
    I actually kept the cheap *** little screen guard that came with the phone on it until it started to bend and stuff.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I used to use the pouch. I just ordered the Seidio innocase surface and I put ona a Body Guardz front protector.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Lol, this seems to be a biased poll. Why no options such as "in front pocket"?
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyblue View Post
    Rocket fish hard case (black) with holster and invisible shield on front.
    same here and i love the pre in the rocket fish it add just a little weight but not much i got a screen protector not invisible shield and people keep asking me when am i going to put one on . I have to tell them its on there already . will post the name of it once i get home
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    same here and i love the pre in the rocket fish it add just a little weight but not much i got a screen protector not invisible shield and people keep asking me when am i going to put one on . I have to tell them its on there already . will post the name of it once i get home
    I got my rocketfish the other day and I just can't stand the noise it makes when opening. I thought it was just the 2 parts of the case rubbing on each other, but I took off the face plate and it still makes the noise. Dont like that, makes me think I'm scratching my pre every time I open the slider.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Oooh, all the hate for the OEM leather holster. That's what I'm using, and I really like it. Keep it screen-side-in on my belt above my right-front pocket. I've got a Fellows screen protector on it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I dont carry mine in anything, I was using the included holster, but it seems like everytime i would take it out I would grab the sides of the phone and then the slider would wobble or whatever
    seidio holster w/o audio port. Love it as I do the one for my Centro.
    Front left pocket wrapped in a Phantom Skinz. All I need.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    you can buy the holster from precentral website. It's so much better than the pouch and because it's a holster, the speaker is facing out so the ringtones seem to be much louder.
    I started off using my old case from my PPC 6700, but the phone fit a bit loose in there. I'm sure it would fit better with an extended battery. Now, I use a Body Glove case I got at Radio Shack. Phone fits perfectly in there and there's a slot on the bottom of the case that lets me push the phone up and out of the case for easy removal. It also has a belt clip on it so that's how I carry it. I wanted it in black, but I think it only comes in brown. Still a good case.

Body Glove® Horizontal Case (Brown) - RadioShack.com

Aleks
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Right front pocket by itself, screen in. I've done this for years, hopefully the Pre will hold up like my Treos did.
    Right front? Are you nuts? Keys go there. Left front pocket is where the Pre goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    Right front? Are you nuts? Keys go there. Left front pocket is where the Pre goes.
    agreed
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    haha, thats so awkward. same here.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I am using the Palm "Sleeping bag" for now while I wait for my Vaja iVolution Deco case to come in. I hate the long wait . Black and Red looks soo cool ^_^
    Oooooh...you'll have to tell us about Vaja case!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    OEM included case. Getting dirty tho on the orange part, looking for all black one
    Sony makes a camera carrying case that is similar as as material but a little bigger.

Carrying Pouch LCS-CSK/P
    LCS-CSK/P

Choose from four stylish colors when you want to protect your S, W or T series Cyber-shot® digital camera with a pair of reversible protective pouches.

Saw them at Fry's Electronics. I think they may have a drawstring, though.
    I have a Gun Metal Rocketfish case on my Pre. I did order the Seido Inncase that works with the touchstone. Once that comes in, I will be switching cases. I also put on a screen protector. They are from a company called FOREVER FITTERS. The protector is just as slick as the original screen. It's great.

I'm currently completely protected and don;t have to worry about any scratches. So with that, I put the Pre in my front pocket.

I'm looking for a slider case. Something similar to the Palm slider case with magnetic flap... My PRE has a case and will have a case. So I need a case that would allow a Pre and a Case to fit. I've tried all the ones at best buy, The flap doesn't close because of the Pre having a case!

Any ideas?
    I was using the Sprint plastic hinged holster until they recalled it. My wife's Pre dropped one day and cracked because of it, so I reluctantly gave mine back as well.

Now, I just drop it in my pocket...naked...by itself (excluding the lint)!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast