View Poll Results: How is everyone carrying their pre?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OEM Leather holster

66 20.06%
  • Palm OEM Included pouch

107 32.52%
  • Sprint Plastic holster

3 0.91%
  • Other method for me

153 46.50%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    Its called Fusion of Ideas and they are in Irvine CA. If you go to Zagg's website you can do a search for local resellers in your area. Target and Best Buy wont install but some of the other resellers will.
    Nice. I liked the idea of the zagg but installing was such a nightmare and pretty much a one shot deal. I wonder how the pros do it?
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I just carry mine in my front pocket using the included pouch.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    Nice. I liked the idea of the zagg but installing was such a nightmare and pretty much a one shot deal. I wonder how the pros do it?
    they take their time - I had to wait an hour. the guy installs them all day on different devices so they have a lot of experience. I paid $8 for install and worth every penny.

I cant tell you how many times over the years I have done exactly what you did.
    At first I had the clear holster that sprint sells and while at a football tournament the other day my pre fell out and luckily ended up in the grass and that was all i needed to send me right back to the store the next day to exchange for the leather case with magnetic strap. The leather case provides EXCELLENT protection b/c it is pretty thick and the pre fits in there pretty snug and they placed one of those ribbons you have to pull that will pop the pre out of there since it fits so well in the case. Definitely not worried about it ending up on the ground again.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I use the pouch because I like to listen to podcast through headphones. I returned the palm case because the headphones would not work when pre was inside the case. I would love to find a case with a belt clip that I could use with the headphones connected to the pre.
    I would love to buy a case but my Sprint 3rd party kiosk is still waiting for them and chargers 6 days after the Pre was released.
    Sigh, I want a case with a belt clip so I can retire the pouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    they take their time - I had to wait an hour.
    Ha, I spent the better part of 4 hours on it last night and looked like **** in a box when I was done. I'm gonna find a retailer and get it done. Definitely worth a shot for 8 bucks. Thanks for the tip!
    I usually spray windex on my Best Screen Ever pieces and install in a fogged up bathroom to eliminate any floating dust. I've gotten pretty good at it over the years but I do screw up from time to time.

Right now I've got the Palm leather holster. I'd like to carry it in the pouch in my front pocket but I'm pretty paranoid I'll end up with a cracked screen. I tend to forget when I put something in my pocket.
    I have the Sprint Clamshell plastic one & its served me well all week! I thought it would be flimsy but it has never spilled my Pre onto the ground! I have rubbed it against many things...cars, corners, my fat arm...and nothing has opened it in error.

I also use the cloth sleeve that was included.
    Cloth sleeve in front pants pocket, screen against my leg.

...although these stories and pics of cracked screens are scaring the hell out of me...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Cloth sleeve in front pants pocket, screen against my leg.

...although these stories and pics of cracked screens are scaring the hell out of me...
    Scaring me too! That's why I modded my sleeve and put in a plastic protector. It also helps me tell which way the screen is facing so I can remove it easily.

Front pocket FTW!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i picked up the palm leather side case n usually have it on my waist (usually dont wear a belt) i had a slightly difficult time with it in the beginning, but have gotten use to it. i learned to curl my finger around the ribbon pull instead of using my fingertips. it works so much better, and i dont have to worry about dropping the phone because it slipped off the tip of my finger.
    sometimes ill have it in my pocket with the case on. the pre is ALWAYS in its case unless its on the touchstone. the phone still feels fragile to me, coming from a treo 700w

i have to say the only issue i have with the leather side case, is when i get a notice, the speaker is usually sitting at the bottom, so it is extremely muffled and sometimes i dont hear the alert/ring. =\ maybe punch some holes in it later... (if i keep the phone)
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've got the RocketFish Palm Pre 2 piece protective shell with Holster at Best Buy and I am very happy with it!!!
    I haven't gotten my phone yet but am thinking out using one of those clear screen protectors & the Seidio's Spring Clip Holster. Both of these products can be found at precentral store.

Can't wait to get my phone!
    I use a Golla Bag they work great and I can carry a few things with the Pre I used it with my Instinc and the Pre works just as great.

I normally just keep the thing in my front Pocket.
    Using the Palm Leather Side Case, and boy is this phone/case combo small and light compared to that of my 'ol 700P hanging from my hip. It's like its not even there.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I work in a plant and have been using a Rugged Case Universal pouch for about a year with my 755p and 800w. It's got a metal knob and metal belt clip and I've never had an instance where the phone has popped out or the pouch getting knocked off the beltclip. However, the pouch I have is too tall and "fat" so I just ordered the Super Slim version that's made for thin flip phones like the Motorola RAZR. My Pre should fit just perfectly in it.
    carrying mine in the case that came with my old old bb 8830 and i must say it works great
    Lost way to many devices over the years to clip failures and poor retention so now I'll only use stuff with belt loops and covers. Front pocket with screen facing in is another option though can be trouble with some shallow pockets and seating positions...like sports car. Already ordered screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    I've got the RocketFish Palm Pre 2 piece protective shell with Holster at Best Buy and I am very happy with it!!!
    got this one yesterday. fits better than i thought it would, but the sliding mechanism is pretty stiff now. i thought that i would just take it off for light use, but once on, it was difficult to get off.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast