View Poll Results: How is everyone carrying their pre?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm OEM Leather holster

66 20.06%
  • Palm OEM Included pouch

107 32.52%
  • Sprint Plastic holster

3 0.91%
  • Other method for me

153 46.50%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I bought a Rocketfish hard shell protector from Best Buy. Sorry, can't link to it yet, but it's easy to Google for.

It works pretty well after a few days of breaking it in. I don't like the color that much, but it's fine for those of us who want a better grip on the phone and are used to the Treo which is more durable. Just a note: the case is NOT clear it is more of a brushed bronze. The positive side of that is that people don't stare at me and ask WTF that is like they did when I first got a Treo, it is good for blending in with a lot of other things out there.

I do wish that it would slide up a little better. Thus far though, it's the ONLY hard shell case I've found that doesn't cover the gesture are. Eventually I will get a clear skin and maybe a fun colored hard case. I keep mine in my purse or my jean pocket, and not always in a safe spot so I needs to be hard shell. I found I pull it out so much that sticking it in a slip case is too time consuming to whip out. I am also prone to dropping things.

I like the shiny outside, but I have never seen someone with a shiny phone have an unblemished exterior.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    I too am using my old Blackberry Curve holster. The fit is pretty good. But I do have another one on order. It's the one by Seidio for $25
  3. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I just carry mine in my front pocket using the included pouch.
    ^I do the same... use the little pouch that came with the Pre (the pouch also doubles as a cleaning cloth to wipe away the gazillions of fingerprints you are going to put all over it LOL ). Also, I try to make it a point to do the "dedicated pocket" thing as well... it is the only thing in my left front pocket.
    I'm a geek. I'll carry it in my sholder holster.
    Civilian Lab Business Class LT Harness System Bag — The Gadgeteer
    Along with my Nokia 810 and other assorted gear.

My holster is black and so are my T-shirts, so they are not too noticeable.
    I turned the pouch inside out (so I could see it better inside my purse). When it's not in my purse it's on top of the pouch on my desk or nightstand.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Official Palm Leather Side Case no doubt
    In my pocket with nothing on it. I am returning it when more stock comes in to fix my screen issue. I have an zagg shield that shipped on tuesday and should be here ready to go on my new one.
    Me too
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    nh
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Using this right now

I pre-ordered (no pun intended) the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster. I have one for my Instinct, and Centro and they have always been the best holsters I have came across.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I was using that plastic holster thing they sell at the Sprint store, but my phone flew out of it while it was closed. So I returned it today and got the leather pouch, it works great. I still have the pouch that came with the phone, so when I need to have something to put my phone in while i listen to music or something I can use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    I'm a geek. I'll carry it in my sholder holster.
    Civilian Lab Business Class LT Harness System Bag — The Gadgeteer
    Along with my Nokia 810 and other assorted gear.

My holster is black and so are my T-shirts, so they are not too noticeable.
    DUDE! It's never too late to seek help
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    i just toss it in my pocket
    no protection nor do i intend on carrying it in a case
    its fine as is!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    DUDE! It's never too late to seek help
    Nah, too late for me. I've been wearing pouches and holsters for a bit more than forty years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Right front pocket by itself, screen in. I've done this for years, hopefully the Pre will hold up like my Treos did.
    Same here. I wonder the front cover replaceable if it gets scratched up.
    I had a Zagg IS installed on the front of mine and the back has the Touchstone soft back so that wont scratch. I ordered a Vaja Cases black pouch just so I have a little extra protection while in my pocket.

I have no patience installing the shields so I paid a reseller to do it and it came out perfect. You cant even tell there is a shield on screen and the feel of the screen seems the same as without it. I think Zagg must be using a different material or something because I remember the feel of the shield to not be so smooth, but Im not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nws0291 View Post
    In my pocket with nothing on it. I am returning it when more stock comes in to fix my screen issue. I have an zagg shield that shipped on tuesday and should be here ready to go on my new one.
    I tried a zagg shield yesterday but it looked like a55. Impossible to get every bubble out and by the time I worked out most of the bubbles, the thing had stretched out so much that it didn't line up anymore. Peeled it off, tossed it in the trash, and wished I had my 30 bones back. bah, naked, front pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    I paid a reseller to do it
    Really? What reseller?
    I got the Palm holster.
    I was going to get a generic one, but the Pre fits so snugly in the "official" one, plust the pull ribbon is great.

I had just generic holsters for my iPhone and Treo 650 (that I borrowed from a friend after the iPhone broke) and it was always popping out of the holsters, but I don't think there's any way it could happen with this one.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    Really? What reseller?
    Its called Fusion of Ideas and they are in Irvine CA. If you go to Zagg's website you can do a search for local resellers in your area. Target and Best Buy wont install but some of the other resellers will.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast