1.    #1  
    I bought my Pre from Radioshack and if anyone has followed me on here , would know that after the first day I returned it.

I went back today to see if they had anymore. They did not. They called a bunch of Radioshacks for me to see if they had any in stock. Every single one he called said that the ones they see in the system that say they are in stock are ones that got returned and that are being sent to repair.

He called about 5 stores. All said they had one or more returned to be sent for repair. This isn't good for Radioshack. Im wondering if best buy is having the same issue. Has anyone had problems with any purchased from BB? I think its funny, but crappy, that it seems the more so ****ty batch of phones were sent to outside vendors like radioshack and bb. sprint seems to be getting the working ones.
    I had the one I got on Launch day at Best Buy exchanged. The new one had a different box design and came with 1.02 preloaded. Also didn't have any problems.
    I bought mine on Launch day @ Best Buy... no problems.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Bought mine on launch at radioshack, no problems.
    I'm on my second one from radio shack. First one would turn off when the slider was closed to hard. The phone also had a crack under the screen.

Second one seems better, only issue is the battery/back gets somewhat hot when the phone is in use.

Both phones required an upgrade to 1.0.2.
    Again it has nothing to do with where you get it or the color of the box. Just the luck of the draw it seems.
    BB here, no problems that aren't inherent to the OS/Apps.
    Bought mine at Best Buy launch day and waiting for more to come in to exchange.
    Bought two at Best Buy. Standard battery issues although it seems to be getting better.
    Bought mine at best buy as well. I am going to exchange mine for new one since I have the screen issue discoloration. If they don't get any in stock I assume we can at least get on a list before the 30 days runs out to secure a replacement.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Got one from RadioShack. It has a speck of dust under the screen. Or a very small air bubble in the screen. Not sure yet if I'm going to replace it.

Do they replace them with new ones they have in stock or do they send them for repair?
    Last edited by bruba; 06/16/2009 at 06:06 PM.
    I bought my first pre at BB and then returned it. I was able to get another phone at a sprint store.
  13.    #13  
    You have to wait at raidoshack for a pre. When I went in before returning mine they said they were going to have one shipping to me from another store, but I didn't feel like waiting, Im going away monday on a business trip for two weeks, I didnt want to risk coming back and be over my 30 day period so I just returned it right away.

All I know is I won't be buying my next Pre at Radioshack, not to mention when you have a hardware issue or something, you can't even get them to send you a new one over the phone, you have to do all your dealings through radioshack. My next one will be bought at a Sprint Store. I'm jut waiting for things to settle down first. for now I'm left with my ****ty storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by knowltonjball View Post
    I bought my first pre at BB and then returned it. I was able to get another phone at a sprint store.
    I am thinking of just returning by pre to best buy instead of waiting for replacement then cancel service and then pick one up at a sprint store, as they seem to get shipments of pre's on a regular basis as compared to Best Buy
    I got my phone from BB and the only problem is my palm profile keeps saying that my email adddress is not valid(although it is)
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    I am thinking of just returning by pre to best buy instead of waiting for replacement then cancel service and then pick one up at a sprint store, as they seem to get shipments of pre's on a regular basis as compared to Best Buy
    yeah, Ive called a few sprint stores, they say they seem to get them daily. While Best Buy and Radioshack have no idea when they are getting more in stock.