1.    #1  
    My pre has a slight yellow tinge on the bottom right corner, actually its yellow when against a white background and if its a dark background then its lighter, like the back light is too strong in that small area. I'm guessing its a faulty unit, but anyone else have this problem?

Cheers...
    There are a couple threads about this issue. Search "discoloration".
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prglewis View Post
    My pre has a slight yellow tinge on the bottom right corner, actually its yellow when against a white background and if its a dark background then its lighter, like the back light is too strong in that small area. I'm guessing its a faulty unit, but anyone else have this problem?

Cheers...
    mine is on the bottom right.. same exact thing with the "yellow" ish part

what are you going to do about it, im trying to replace mine. the distortion is just not right
  4.    #4  
    Hey,

@mrjcarter - sorry for the noob post, thanks for the search tip

@hrabadie + all others - just spoke to palm support (v tedious!), did as was quoted in another thread to speak to escalation and request a new device. they tried to direct me back to the store but I refused and said I wanted them to send me a new one, so they said ok. now i'm waiting for a level 3 agent to call me back (yes, I had to work my way up from level 0!) to arrange the delievery, I'm told I'll get a call within 24 hours to arrange it. I'm going to try and not give back my current one without first checking that the new one is perfect, as from the sound of it there are worse units running around with dead pixels or distortion. I only have the discolouration and its not really that bad but I'm a perfectionist so I want a perfect one! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

In general, love the Palm Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by prglewis View Post
    Hey,

@mrjcarter - sorry for the noob post, thanks for the search tip

@hrabadie + all others - just spoke to palm support (v tedious!), did as was quoted in another thread to speak to escalation and request a new device. they tried to direct me back to the store but I refused and said I wanted them to send me a new one, so they said ok. now i'm waiting for a level 3 agent to call me back (yes, I had to work my way up from level 0!) to arrange the delievery, I'm told I'll get a call within 24 hours to arrange it. I'm going to try and not give back my current one without first checking that the new one is perfect, as from the sound of it there are worse units running around with dead pixels or distortion. I only have the discolouration and its not really that bad but I'm a perfectionist so I want a perfect one! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

In general, love the Palm Pre!!

Got a question for ya... did your current Pre come in a black box with a flower on the Pres screen, or did it come in the yellow box with the sunset on the Pres screen? Mine came in the black box, and it has some pretty bad discoloration over the entire bottom of the screen. Severity varies and seems to be dependent on how long the screen is on or how warm the Pre gets. I am definitely going to try to bring it back to the store and get another one.
    I wouldn't bother getting the pre replaced for this issue. Almost every device I've seen has this issue it seems more like a manufacturing defect as opposed to a once in so many defect. I got my first pre replaced because the camera didn't work at all and the second one was better as far as the blotchiness but it still had it. It doesn't really bother me because its only on certain color screens and its not that much. Like I said though, I wouldn't replace it because chances are you'll just get another screen you're not happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Got a question for ya... did your current Pre come in a black box with a flower on the Pres screen, or did it come in the yellow box with the sunset on the Pres screen? Mine came in the black box, and it has some pretty bad discoloration over the entire bottom of the screen. Severity varies and seems to be dependent on how long the screen is on or how warm the Pre gets. I am definitely going to try to bring it back to the store and get another one.
    Which color boxes have more issues? Maybe we need to run a poll. Mine came in the yellow box, and yes I noticed light leakage and that yellow discoloration on the bottom right.