Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Next to my EV icon, Signal Strength, and Battery icon in the top right corner of WebOS, I have an icon of a phone and below it is a 9 digit dial pad.

I can't figure out what that icon is there for.

Anybody know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheekamoo View Post
    Next to my EV icon, Signal Strength, and Battery icon in the top right corner of WebOS, I have an icon of a phone and below it is a 9 digit dial pad.

I can't figure out what that icon is there for.

Anybody know?
    i have not seen that myself.............
    tty is turned on. turn it off under preferences-->accessibility-->TTY/TTD
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I didn't see it when I first started using the phone either. But sometime during that day it appeared and it hasn't gone away since. Soft resets didn't do anything.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    tty is turned on
    That was it! Turned off TTY and the icon is gone.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheekamoo View Post
    That was it! Turned off TTY and the icon is gone.

Thanks for the help
    no prob
    What exactly is TTY?
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    What exactly is TTY?
    It's for the hard of hearing.
    From yahoo answers...
    TTY/TTD - A text-telephone device (TTY) used by individuals who may have deafness, other hearing difficulties, or speech disabilities. The Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS) is a free service that enables persons who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired to use their TDD or TTY to place calls to and receive calls from hearing people. It also enables hearing people to call TDD/TTY users. To use TRS dial 711 (just like you would dial 911 for an emergency). Typed messages from a TDD/TTY are transmitted to a communication assistant who voices them to hearing persons. Hearing persons' messages are voiced to the communication assistant who relays them to the TDD/TTY printout or display. Calls can be placed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no limits to the length or number of calls. All calls are confidential. Long distance calls are placed at direct dial rates. If you are a registered TDD/TTY user, discount rates may apply for long distance calls. TTY/TTD users can communicate directly with other TTY/TTD users without using TRS.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 06/12/2009 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    It's for the hard of hearing.
    From yahoo answers...
    TTY/TTD - A text-telephone device (TTY) used by individuals who may have deafness, other hearing difficulties, or speech disabilities. The Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS) is a free service that enables persons who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired to use their TDD or TTY to place calls to and receive calls from hearing people. It also enables hearing people to call TDD/TTY users. To use TRS dial 711 (just like you would dial 911 for an emergency). Typed messages from a TDD/TTY are transmitted to a communication assistant who voices them to hearing persons. Hearing persons' messages are voiced to the communication assistant who relays them to the TDD/TTY printout or display. Calls can be placed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no limits to the length or number of calls. All calls are confidential. Long distance calls are placed at direct dial rates. If you are a registered TDD/TTY user, discount rates may apply for long distance calls. TTY/TTD users can communicate directly with other TTY/TTD users without using TRS.
    thanks main i've always wondered the EXACTs of the whole TTY/TTD thing
    SCK Manager