1.    #1  
    I downloaded a song from Amazon on my Pre...where did it go? It says the download was sucessful and I can see it in my digital orders in my account on amazon.com. How do I get the song to my library?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Should just be in your "music" file
    Actually, it goes into a folder called "AmazonMP3". Couldn't resist trying it the other day. From there, I recommed copying your purchases to your PC - for backup.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Also you should see it with your computer when the Pre is in USB drive mode, in the obvious folder.
    Here's a TIP: When you connect your music to a Windows PC (and I'm sure its same for Mac) and select "USB Drive" mode, you can just drag the music to your PC - no DRM, no problems. Some people don't seem to realize your music isn't STUCK in your Pre. Copy it, burn it to CD, whatever.

I *love* Amazon MP3's -- no DRM, almost all the tracks are 256k minimum (in some cases 384k+) unlike iTunes which is usually 128k and DRM'd to hell. And you can drag/drop the files anywhere to your heart's content. I have an Ipod Nano but iTunes is so bloated and such a hassle to wait for syncs to finish that I find myself not bothering.

I'll admit I did a lot of *ahem* music downloading for a long time, and honest to god for the last 6 months I've been buying music again due to Amazon making 1-click buying through the web so easy and with all the perks, not to mention the songs and albums are cheaper that iTunes. When I saw the app on my Pre I was in heaven.
    I'm with you odditory. I don't mind buying music that is high quality, and that I can back up and shares easily with all my devices. A convert to AmazonMP3 here too!
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    If you purchase it and drag onto your computer, can you drag it into your iTunes or will that not work?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Yes, you can. It's just a standard mp3 file. At least on the Mac, if you have iTunes as the default music play, you can just double-click on the file and it will be copied to the iTunes library.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    After replacing my launch day Pre with a refurb last week, I noticed all the mp3's I had bought were not backed up in any way on he palm back-up. (along with photos, calendar settings, app prefs, etc.)

Is there any way to re-download from Amazon? (my gut says it's money lost, at this point. but, it can't hurt to ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    After replacing my launch day Pre with a refurb last week, I noticed all the mp3's I had bought were not backed up in any way on he palm back-up. (along with photos, calendar settings, app prefs, etc.)

Is there any way to re-download from Amazon? (my gut says it's money lost, at this point. but, it can't hurt to ask...
    I was wondering about this also. I haven't bought any yet but I am thinking about it and this is one of my concerns.
    Did you figure this out? I try to buy a song and the message I get is that I need to go to amazon and choose a primary credit card. I have one on the Amazon site, but they continue to tell me it is a pixi issue. I also am not seeing where I need to download the download manager. It does not give me an option. Is this an Amazon issue? Please help. I would like to use this feature, but so far no luck. And I believe the download manager is the key to finding your songs. Help?
    its lost money. Amazon doesnt allow re-downloads.
    i would try to see if sprint would comp you for it. they should have tried to pull them off the old phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfd.lew View Post
    i would try to see if sprint would comp you for it. they should have tried to pull them off the old phone.
    I believe there is a onetime re-download..Ive had to do it.

*edit* from my computer not my Pre..
    Last edited by leftyman; 12/03/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    I've had to redownload after I forgot to backup some after a purchase. If you are talking a bunch of music, it might be harder.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfd.lew View Post
    Not true. At least from my PC. Email and they'll set you up to re-download it. I've done it.

BTW, Amazon MP3 download rocks. It may not be great to navigate and search, but it's great quality, priced right (tons of free also) and easy.