1.    #1  
    Splash ID Beta just showed back up in the Apps Catalog. There is a procedure listed in the FAQ Section for importing existing Splash ID Data from the Destop Application, which anyone who uses Splash ID on a Treo knows syncs with the Treo and is itself password protected. The FAQ tells you to import an UN-Passoword protected file onto the Pre USB Mass Storage Drive to import your old data. I suppose once imported, you can delete the Un-password proteced file, but as it is not password protected, is it not recoverable on the Pre Mass Storage Device by Undelete software, thus rendering the security features of the program superceded by this import function???

Thoughts....

Anyone, Anyone.... (yea yea)...

I may just reload and clean up my list directly to the Pre from scratch, but it would be nice to have a secure import and a little strange for SplashData to suggest an unprotected import process that may leave unprotected data on BOTH your computer you are importing from and the Pre...

I trust SplashData and have had nothing but good results from Splash ID before, but...
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 06/11/2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spell check
    ETUTREO300
    Noticed in the latest version the app stays open when you go into card view. Very useful to switch to menu app to copy info into SplashID.
    I'm installing now but I suppose you could just remove the password on the desktop for exporting the data file to the Pre then re-enable the password. Not an ideal situation but it would work, right?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've played with it on my Pre, but I can't figure out how to get it to automatically open a website and input my user name and password. That would make it much more useful than just secure storage.
    having problems with the app. When I tried to import in vid format, nothing was imported. When I imported in csv, then all the records where imported, but some of the fields were screwed up. Also, once I open a record, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get back to the main screen without relaunching the application. Am I missing something in gestures to get back to the main screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    having problems with the app. When I tried to import in vid format, nothing was imported. When I imported in csv, then all the records where imported, but some of the fields were screwed up. Also, once I open a record, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get back to the main screen without relaunching the application. Am I missing something in gestures to get back to the main screen?
    The back gesture? Half swipe to the left below the screen?
    thnaks, I was using a full swipe rather than a half swipe
    The problem I'm having is that I can import the .VID file and everything works fine until I exit the program after the first time. When I try to open up Splash ID again I just get the blank white screen with the spinning circle. I then cannot exith the program or any other cards I have open. Ultimately a reset work but the problem returns if I re-start Splash ID.

I've removed any commas in data fields so now I'm wondering if it has a problem with the number of records I have (480). I could/should delete some but there shouldn't be this type of limitation. Things work fine with a virgin install and I've added/deleted the program a number of times in addition to creating a few exports from Splash ID on my desktop.
    in the faq i read, they tell you to delete the vid file once you import it.

i had no issues importing or using splashid. knock on wood. i dont need the desktop part of it either. im ready to pay for it now.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Question... I was using YAPS on my Centro and would like to convert to Splash ID. I know that I can use YapsView to export it to a text file, but there is no option in the Beta version for the Pre to import. When I did a quick search of their web site I saw indications that versions of SplashID for other devices had this capablity. For those have used this in the past, is this true? Should I wait for the full release or should I covert the txt file to cvs (tried this to see how it look...kinda messy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    in the faq i read, they tell you to delete the vid file once you import it.

i had no issues importing or using splashid. knock on wood. i dont need the desktop part of it either. im ready to pay for it now.
    Felipe, I assume you mean delete the .vID file on the Pre, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Felipe, I assume you mean delete the .vID file on the Pre, correct?

yes. delete on the pre. i did, no issues.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thanks Felipe. It's working now but with the number of records I have it takes almost 2-minutes to load. I've already brought it up on the SplashData forum.