1.    #1  
    Just a question for you folks migrating from other carriers... Have you been forced to pay a new line activation fee with Sprint? That's a deal breaker for me. It's a b.s. fee and I won't pay it. Especially not after dropping $300 on a phone that is pretty much beta. I have yet to discuss that with my Sprint store... just waiting on the list.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Every carrier has this. It's pretty standard and I would think that considering their long waitlists for Pre's that they would not waive it for you. It's a US carrier thing. Sometimes they do have promos w/ free activation.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    Every carrier has this. It's pretty standard and I would think that considering their long waitlists for Pre's that they would not waive it for you. It's a US carrier thing. Sometimes they do have promos w/ free activation.
    I tried to delete this thread... just looked up through my corp. website that our discount w/ Sprint includes a waived activation free... I'll just print that out and bring it in if that have any problems...

Seriously though, if I'm going to drop $300 and buy a $90 plan with insurance they better not have an issue with me not paying it anyway. I've been on three different carriers and never once paid that fee. It's a gouge. If all else fails I'll just wait until it's sold on the website. Always free activation there I'm in no hurry to get gouged any more than I already am.
    I didnt pay an activation fee. I told the rep that I'm coming from AT&T and will have to pay an ETF, out of remorse he waived the activation fee. LOL
    if your a new customer switching to sprint most of the time they waive the activation fee as an added incentive to switching to sprint.