1.    #1  
    I wish there was a way to make the area around the center button into a virtual directional pad. The center button could be a "click."

I miss the ease of use of the old Centro/Treo line in regards to one-handed operation.

It should be easy enough to program this area to respond like a D-pad.

Also, I'd like the Sym button to open the Menu tree.....
    ^ that would be awesome. I kinda miss mine from my Centro. Sometimes I really wish I could use a stylus too. mostly since the cursor is such a PITA
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    ^ that would be awesome. I kinda miss mine from my Centro. Sometimes I really wish I could use a stylus too. mostly since the cursor is such a PITA

You know if you hold down shift and move your finger anywhere on the screen it will move the cursor? ...and the up arrow button highlights in the same fashion
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    You know if you hold down shift and move your finger anywhere on the screen it will move the cursor? ...and the up arrow button highlights in the same fashion
    Isn't the up arrow key the same thing as the shift key?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I gotta try those
    No Shift is Highlight, Orange button is cursor move. I made the same mistake before.
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaner View Post
    I wish there was a way to make the area around the center button into a virtual directional pad. The center button could be a "click."

I miss the ease of use of the old Centro/Treo line in regards to one-handed operation.

It should be easy enough to program this area to respond like a D-pad.

Also, I'd like the Sym button to open the Menu tree.....
    BRILLIANT!!! Someone surely will do this, but it might screw up some other things and probably wouldn't have the pinpoint accuracy of either a d-pad or scrollwheel. May need to wait for Pre v2.
  8.    #8  
    I would also like 4-digit dialing. So if you type in the last 4 digits of a phone #, it will cross-reference your address book and dial the complete number.