Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Palm Pre users should not have to buy a new battery from another company to get good battery life; Palm should send you a bettery battery for free no joke. This is not the early 90's I mean really Palm get your act together. You had so much time to get a battery that worked all day with normal use but you messed that up. I have a feeling that this mistake along with others (no eas, sloppy functionality, sharp edges, not many apps at launch, etc.... ) will be your final undoing.

I actually had an Idea:

Palm why don't you just sell the parts of the phone that work well and leave the other parts out. This way people can buy the parts they need from third party vendors such as batteries and keyboards.

Also if any moderator wants to remove this post becasue they can't stand the truth then so be it and also so be freedom of speech on Precentral.net

Thank you
    Funny besides the eas none of those are real problems. Sloppy functionality?WebOS works great. Sharp edges? Dont you know you shouldnt read the comments on youtube, you dont know who else has been reading those and could get a disease or worse STUPIDITY!! Battery life? Works just fine im at 66% playing games all day and making some extensive calls. You might do better and get a rise out of more people trolling engadget.
    I took my phone off the charger at 10:00 AM. It's now 3:00pm and my battery is at 81%.

I have WiFi On
    Bluetooth On
    Screen at default brightness
    Two Gmail Accounts set to receive as they come in

So I don't see the problem myself.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Why do dogs lick themselves, because.... they can.
    Pre is no worse than any other Smartphone and certainly no worse than G1 or iPhone. Fortunately for us, we can change batteries if we need to, rather than having to have a cord danging from my cigaretee lighter in my car, which I had with my iphone all the time.
    Since I got an airave and that stopped my signal from roaming and not roaming I am doing great battery wise. Before it would go from 99% to 82% in a few hours even if not using it becasue of the signal. Now I went to bed and it was 92% , woke up at 9 and it was 90% , Been using it all day and its still at 79% . Not bad. So much better than the Centro or especially my 800W and Touch pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I took my phone off the charger at 10:00 AM. It's now 3:00pm and my battery is at 81%.

I have WiFi On
    Bluetooth On
    Screen at default brightness
    Two Gmail Accounts set to receive as they come in

So I don't see the problem myself.
    Pshht....If I could get this same performance i would be a happy man....If my replacement battery doesnt do the trick I will get it replaced and try again....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    So now I need to buy an airave to have a phone that works properly.........give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    So now I need to buy an airave to have a phone that works properly.........give me a break.
    You only need an airave if your signal is so weak you are getting dropped calls and roaming problems. All the cell companies have something similar.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Only if your having signal problems in your house. I was and it killed my battery and the device was always heating up. Now no battery issues and my phone dosent get hot anymore.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yes the airave is a good idea but you should not have to pay for it .......T mobile lets you use your own wifi service at home and it is free for the same purpose.
    Yes the airave is a good idea but you should not have to pay for it .......T mobile lets you use your own wifi service at home and it is free for the same purpose.
    Sprint usually gives them away for free because they don't want to lose customers.
    1-877-453-1304, Tmobile would love to have you join their family so you can enjoy not having 3g
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Actually the EDGE on Tmobile for my Blackberry is very fast not much slower than having the so called "3G" speeds that suck anyway.

Stay away from the Pre.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Actually the EDGE on Tmobile for my Blackberry is very fast not much slower than having the so called "3G" speeds that suck anyway.

Stay away from the Pre.
    why am I not surprised.
    I wish the Pre came with an app that detailed how to unbunch peoples panties

Stay away from the Pre.
    Hahaha considering thats total bs ill still commend you on your trolling attempt. I was half expecting you to say your bb worked just fine on 3g. lol your not good at this trolling thing. Goto /b/ and learn2troll.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    I wish the Pre came with an app that detailed how to unbunch peoples panties
    I thought thats what the camera was for
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    They could but it would just drain what is left of your battery life anyway.
    Dude, this was no mistake. It's called hooking up 3rd party companies
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Sprint usually gives them away for free because they don't want to lose customers.
    really?

what exactly does it do?(the airave)...i have terrible signal in my house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast