Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Stay away from the Pre.

And you're on this site because....?????

Is your only purpose in life to hound people whose interests are other than your own?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    And you're on this site because....?????

Is your only purpose in life to hound people whose interests are other than your own?

What is your purpose? To read posts which you don't have anything worth adding other than trite comments.

My purpose it to break the hype of the Palm Pre and give people information with which to base their decisions.
    You don't have to buy a 3rd party batt. The first few days i was running my batt down quick, like in 3-4 hours, but i changed some of my settings ( i mean i dont NEED to have my email as soon as it comes in, once an hour is fine), turned off GPS (i have navi radio in my car, and other location based things will ask to turn it on when needed and will turn it off when you quit the app). my batt lasted a good 8-9 hours before i put it on charge (with web surfing, texting, uaing apps and phone calls) and it was still above 50% when i put on charge. got my FREE airave today (cell service sucks at my house no matter what carrier you are on) and so that sould eliminate my main power drain issue when i'm at home, too bad we dont have internet at my work or i would try to get a 2nd one for there as well (work in a nightclub that is in the basement of the building, also hard for any carriers to get signal there, and the DJ booth is like a faraday cage with all the wires and stuff going everywhere above, below and on the walls around me). Even if alot of people are NOT having bad batt life they would still be making these batts for us to buy b/c there is ALWAYS a market for longer batt life on cells phones, your batt could last 2 weeks before a charge and people would still want longer batt life!!!!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    You don't have to buy a 3rd party batt. The frist few days i was running my batt down quick, like in 3-4 hours, but i chenged some of my settings ( i mean i dont NEED to have my email as soon as it come in, once an hour is fine), turned off GPS (i have navi radio in my car, and other location based things will ask to turn it on when needed and will turn it off when you quit the app). my batt lasted a good 8-9 hours before i put it on charge (with web surfing, texting, uaing apps and phone calls) and it was still above 50% when i put on charge. got my FREE airave today (cell service sucks at my house no matter what carrier you are on) and so that sould eliminate my main power drain issue when i'm at home, too bad we dont have internet at my work or i would try to get a 2nd one for there as well (work in a nightclub that is in the basement of the building, also hard for any carriers to get signal there, and the DJ booth is like a faraday cage with all the wires and stuff going everywhere above, below and on the walls around me). Even if alot of people here NOT having bad batt life they would still be making these batts for us to buy b/c there is ALWAYS a market for longer batt life on cells phones, your batt could last 2 week before a charge and people would still want longer batt life!!!!!

So your saying that you have to have your email settings checked to once an hour and turn off GPS. Although this might work for extending battery life it is not acceptable for someone who needs to count on the phone in a business environment. I do agree that someone will always want a better battery no matter how long it lasts.
    So your saying that you have to have your email settings checked to once an hour and turn off GPS. Although this might work for extending battery life it is not acceptable for someone who needs to count on the phone in a business environment. I do agree that someone will always want a better battery no matter how long it lasts.
    This is not the case for me. My e-mail boxes are set to push and I don't have a battery drain problem.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    its one thing they sugested in the Official palm support forum, it seems that some pres are going into a "check mail loop" with this setting on (part of the issue with hotmail accounts, but can effect some gmail users, but not everyone is having this issue, it is worse when you have low signal like i did/do in the places I'm at the most. fixed one signal issue today). they are will more then likly come out with a fix for this soon with the next few updates, but we will just have to wait and see, they also said you can set you email to every 15 mins or whetever and still get better batt life.
    What is your purpose? To read posts which you don't have anything worth adding other than trite comments.

My purpose it to break the hype of the Palm Pre and give people information with which to base their decisions.
    Oooo! A sharp tongue! I'll be emotionally scared for life. I need to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

Are you PO'd because you don't own one or something? Many of us feel like the Pre is underhyped.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    Funny besides the eas none of those are real problems. Sloppy functionality?WebOS works great. Sharp edges? Dont you know you shouldnt read the comments on youtube, you dont know who else has been reading those and could get a disease or worse STUPIDITY!! Battery life? Works just fine im at 66% playing games all day and making some extensive calls. You might do better and get a rise out of more people trolling engadget.
    Well he did have a point! Ed C. promised support on day one for "epocrates". Stating that they had a good relationship with the company and developers. Well there was no support on day one. It had worked till a couple of weeks ago but Palm made changes to the WebOs and it did not work. The point I would like to make is that if they had such a good relationship with epocrates they would have had support for the Web Os with the new "epocrates" written for the WebOS. I am still a little disappointed that Palm did not give us more memory or a Micro SD
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Oooo! A sharp tongue! I'll be emotionally scared for life. I need to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

Are you PO'd because you don't own one or something? Many of us feel like the Pre is underhyped.

It's underhyped compared to a black and white film with no sound.
    It's underhyped compared to a black and white film with no sound.
    I have found that it is one of the bext phones i have used in a while, and the fact that it just came out and i know they will be adding alot of things in updates i can't wait to see what all they do to it. Its much better then my treo (except for the fact that it does not have all the apps like the older palm OS did, with is ALOT more then iphone has, but that will come), feels much better (both physically and use of it) then my friends iphone (plus cheeper to use per month), and a heel of alot better then the older WinMo phones i have used in the past ( that would freeze up on me and i would not know it for like 3-4 hour later when i was getting cused out by my other half for not having my phone on).
    this phone is WAY underhyped
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    This is not the case for me. My e-mail boxes are set to push and I don't have a battery drain problem.
    What are your settings for everything else?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well, my wife's Instinct came with a spare battery and I thought that I was nice touch. But then I thought, uh oh, poor battery life. Actually, it wasn't too bad. But still the extra battery was cool.
    That's funny. I've been using mine daily and only got low on juice once when I was at a concert and using GPS and uploading photos for maybe 4 or 5 hours. I don't really know of any smart phones that can handle 4-5 hours of 3g/gps use. Hell, iPhone 3g can only handle 4-5 hours of talk time. Sounds like OP either likes talking out of his *** and doesn't actually own a Pre or he fails at proper smartphone use. Either way, thanks for your opinion but it's turned into one giant threadsh|t.

It's a testament to the good people of the forum that most have still attempted to help OP with his problems despite the attitude.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12