1.    #1  
    If Apple can produce and sell over a million iPhone's over a weekend why can't Palm? As of today I'm 60+ down on the waitlist at my local corp store. 1 - 2 more weeks they say. Perhaps some kinks will be worked out, but still...

Clearly they have the demand and those who need to do exchanges are only further delayed. Slap that Chei Mei plant into gear for jeebus sake.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just got off the list today, and so far the wait has been worth it! Really enjoying the new phone. Looks like they have released a few hundred per day....
    Production is going 24/7 so you should see a massive amount available shortly. I know it's hard but have some patients if you can!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Production is going 24/7 so you should see a massive amount available shortly. I know it's hard but have some patients if you can!
    Oh i'm patient. I don't have to have the phone today or anything. I just don't understand why they chose to limit production so much. Maybe they wanted to see if it would be a hit before they got the manufacturering wheels really turning.

The thing that really pisses me off is that you know in less than two years they'll be oodles of these things. Probably much much better versions... And selling for like $50. Oh well.. guess that's how it goes.
    IMO they rushed it out to meet a date. I should be easy to predict within an order of magnitue what the initial demand would be and only launch after enough have been produced to meet that demand.

At least in my area the waiting lists seem to be about 10x the number of units shipped so far, that's a long way to be off on predictions. I've called around to several cities within 200 miles and most have somewhere on the order of 100 on their waiting lists.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am a bit annoyed. I got a call today that they had a pre for me, but I needed to come in ASAP. I couldn't be there within 3 hours so they said sorry, maybe we'll call you tomorrow if we have another. Not sure why they had to have it out the door that fast, seems weak to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    If Apple can produce and sell over a million iPhone's over a weekend why can't Palm? As of today I'm 60+ down on the waitlist at my local corp store. 1 - 2 more weeks they say. Perhaps some kinks will be worked out, but still...

Clearly they have the demand and those who need to do exchanges are only further delayed. Slap that Chei Mei plant into gear for jeebus sake.

It's called money!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My non-corp store said they still don't know when their delivery will happen and that they were told to not answer any questions. Annoying
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Was on the waiting list Monday; Got it on Thursday.

The told me be here within 48 hours or it's gone, I made it there in 30 minutes.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am on two lists.

3rd in line at best buy and 42nd at sprint store.
    Time will tell
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I'm on a waiting list, also...#21 as of last Saturday. I checked with the corp. store yesterday, and they said they had only received 4 since then.

Does anyone think it's possible that Palm has delayed additional shipments until the reported hardware isses and quality control can be corrected?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Wife was on the list.
    I preordered an iPhone 3GS.
    We wanted to have them both at the same time, to do what we do, go where we go, etc and see which one does what we need it to do, the best.
    (Signal strength, data capabilities, sync, pictures, yada yada list goes on)

She got a call today, someone didnt show up by 1pm, and she got the phone.
    We will be playing with it all week.
    Then playing with both phones next weekend.
    Then making a decision the following week.

No... this entry isnt comparing iphones to PRE, they both have great strengths, its just stating what my plan is, and answering the thread question about still being on the waiting list.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    called the store in forest hills. only 7 people on the list. the store gets 10 new units in every other day. then again, i'm in nyc. local 3rd retailers have them available, but they're most likely faulty units from the first batch.
    A few weeks ago, I called a non-corporate store where I bought my Centro. They couldn't say when they would have the Pre; but I was fourth on the list to call when they came in. I got a Pre on launch day from a coroporate store. I still haven't heard from the "waiting list" store.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I'm on a waiting list, also...#21 as of last Saturday. I checked with the corp. store yesterday, and they said they had only received 4 since then.

Does anyone think it's possible that Palm has delayed additional shipments until the reported hardware isses and quality control can be corrected?
    i guess anything is possible... but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that theory.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    It's called money!
    I doubt there will be anyone waiting WEEKS to get an iPhone 3GS. I also bet it will sell more in the first day than the total Pres sold to date? Weird how a company can successfully launch a product like that huh?... Just mind-baffling!

That's MONEY. Palm just wasn't ready to launch. I still don't think they are.
    Last edited by sake; 06/12/2009 at 04:00 PM.
    Yes.

Palm has two major issues. The first is a lack of capital to fund production with additional money being metered out based of sales/market acceptance.

The second is the major quality and manf. issues they were/are? having with more than one of the Pre's major components.

Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    If anyone is in Mass, There is a Sprint retailer (NexGen I think) in Marlboro, Just off 495, Their list is now empty, And last I heard they had one in stock....
    Got on the list of a Sprint non-corporate store on Thursday the 11th. They said there were about 80 ahead of me, and it would be about a week before I got mine.

And that they would be very upset with me if I got onto another Sprint store's waiting list.