1.    #1  
    what is the best application for cutting up mp3s to make ringtones?

thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I use this site, does it all online for you.

Audiko ringtones
    I like Audacity.
    I use BitPim. It has a good program to cut down your favorite song to a mp3. It even lets you edit bitrate etc.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Audacity all the way. Set the source to Stereo Mix and record anything coming through your computer's speakers.
    Yeah, +1 for Audacity. Slice, quick fade on either side, then save as and I'm done.

Audacity can be found here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by eddieroger; 06/11/2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Adding link.
    but what about an app that works on the Pre like the Mp3Trimmer on the HTC Touch Pro?
    If you've got a mac, it is easily done with Garageband. Just import a song as a track, trim it to 30 seconds (add obnoxious "RING RING RING" voiceover if you will) and export the track as an mp3.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurado View Post
    If you've got a mac, it is easily done with Garageband. Just import a song as a track, trim it to 30 seconds (add obnoxious "RING RING RING" voiceover if you will) and export the track as an mp3.
    For that matter, you on a PC you can use Windows Movie Maker and it actually recognizes it's just audio and will save it how you want. Not the best way to do it but if you don't want to download anything, there's your alternative.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I used audacity for the first time and was able to easily trim an mp3 down to 30 seconds. It was also simple yo add a 5db amplification. This seemed like a good boost to make it really loud. The only problem with boosting the db is that it's really loud if you get a call while listening to music.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    U use audacity.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I also second Audacity for both Mac and PC.
    What is a voice Logo? Audacity doesn't appear to be free. Found some free software, but still trying it out.

Update: Wavosaur did the trick. Not as good as Audacity, but it was actually freeware.

Of course, after all that work, I realized the ringtones don't play through my Jawbone. Ooops! My phone is on vibrate always anyway. At least I learned how to get the MP3 from 9MB to 413KB. That's worth something.
    Last edited by realistdreamer; 06/14/2009 at 04:15 AM.