Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is an actual question, I don't own an iPhone so I don't know. I'm not trying to prove a point or anything.

Can the iPhone run Pandora, give turn by turn GPS directions w/ street names and take a phone call all at the same time while in a car?

I did this today when trying to find a business in town- amazing. Had to change my pants after that trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightpix View Post
    This is an actual question, I don't own an iPhone so I don't know. I'm not trying to prove a point or anything.

Can the iPhone run Pandora, give turn by turn GPS directions w/ street names and take a phone call all at the same time while in a car?

I did this today when trying to find a business in town- amazing. Had to change my pants after that trip.
    Nope. It's Pandora, or a phone call... it doesn't even have turn by turn GPS (not one that yells at you at least, just the Google Maps Directions Thinger.)

Not even this will save them:

I thought you weren't able to have data and voice going at the same time? Well that's what i've noticed in my case when talking on the phone and trying to browse the web.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Well, the turn-by-turn directions it soon will be able to do, because of the new app from WWDC, (actually not sure if it is turn-by-turn), it does have Pandora, but no multitasking. So, no. =D
    The Pre kicks @$$. The card multitasking is beautiful.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

No, it can't. It's possible 3.0 software can though. However, I wouldn't be shocked if the iPhone has an app to find you a restroom quickly. Or a store to buy some Depends. j/k
    My friend was a big Iphone fanboy and hated the Pre (wouldn't even look at what the phone actually did) until I told him you can be on AIM and take a phone call or surf the web at the same time. He instantly said, "WAIT WHAT?!" Now he is going to wait till his contract expires and buy a Pre.

*****Not trying to rip the Iphone just relaying a real life experience*****
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  7.    #7  
    I didn't think I would be able to take a call while using Pandora on my pre, but I think it buffers it enough so you can.

The music dimmed and the phone rang, I talked for a minute hung up, and the music came back on. Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    My friend was a big Iphone fanboy and hated the Pre (wouldn't even look at what the phone actually did) until I told him you can be on AIM and take a phone call or surf the web at the same time. He instantly said, "WAIT WHAT?!" Now he is going to wait till his contract expires and buy a Pre.

*****Not trying to rip the Iphone just relaying a real life experience*****
    You can? I can't browse the web and be on a call at the same time...
    However on my iPhone I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Nope. It's Pandora, or a phone call... it doesn't even have turn by turn GPS (not one that yells at you at least, just the Google Maps Directions Thinger.)

Not even this will save them:
    That is a great picture!!! LOL!!!!!!!!1
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by bballintom22 View Post
    I thought you weren't able to have data and voice going at the same time? Well that's what i've noticed in my case when talking on the phone and trying to browse the web.
    Need to be on a WIFI network to have voice and data at the sametime. One thing I dont like is that when im at home ON my WIFI, I still get kicked out of AIM when I place a call and have to sign back in during the call.....or am I doing something wrong to keep it from signing me out????

Oh and my 100th post....thank you thank you....no encore thanks...
    Sorrry I explained in correctly I meant you can interchange call and surf between Pandora. I never tried to surf the web during a call and can't really imagine anyone really find a scenario which they would have to.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Need to be on a WIFI network to have voice and data at the sametime. One thing I dont like is that when im at home ON my WIFI, I still get kicked out of AIM when I place a call and have to sign back in during the call.....or am I doing something wrong to keep it from signing me out????

Oh and my 100th post....thank you thank you....no encore thanks...
    Congrats, I'd thank you but I'm just not that nice.
    Gotta love that in-app pricing though:

"found a bathroom 10 miles away, but we did find closer ones to your location if you tap here to pay .99 cents"
    until I told him you can be on AIM and take a phone call or surf the web at the same time.

You are incorrect. The Pre does not support simultaneous voice and data. The iPhone 3G does.

-n8
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Sorrry I explained in correctly I meant you can interchange call and surf between Pandora. I never tried to surf the web during a call and can't really imagine anyone really find a scenario which they would have to.
    Maybe for a business conference call.
    CDMA versus GSM. CDMA doesn't (currently) allow simultaneous voice and data access, GSM does. It's one of the downsides of CDMA, but I've also heard the current generation of CDMA technology can now offer voice and data together, it just hasn't been deployed by Sprint yet for whatever reason. (I'd guess it'd probably mess with older phones still in use, but I'm not a CDMA technician.)
    Pandora + gps works great. iPhone cant do that and on blackberries Pandora would pause when the gps voice came on.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    You are incorrect. The Pre does not support simultaneous voice and data. The iPhone 3G does.

-n8
    Pandora and voice is not a problem, though!
    Congrats, I'd thank you but I'm just not that nice.
    None needed ha ha.....but to answer the questions....you have to be on WIFI to do a call and data at the sametime.

Perhaps until Sprint can impliment VOIP on maybe a 4G network. And yes it can happen people.....I work for a company that is involved w/ Sprint trying to do this...although it is not a major project YET it is in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post

-n8
    Thats odd. I don't have to constantly resign in to AIM after I take a call unlike my buddy and his Iphone. As a matter of fact when he changes apps he is logged out.
    Kingdom of Heaven
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast