Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    LOL you know it can't!
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightpix View Post
    Pandora and voice is not a problem, though!
    Ya but if you take that call while Pandora is open pandora dies. LOOOOOL
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Thats odd. I don't have to constantly resign in to AIM after I take a call unlike my buddy and his Iphone. As a matter of fact when he changes apps he is logged out.
    I think you automatically get logged back in w/ the PRE after your call has ended.

Wait, not even trying to bash here, but an Iphone logs you out if you close the AIM app?....Even my old Touch would keep me logged in and notify me off messages while I was doing something else.
    Sorrry I explained in correctly I meant you can interchange call and surf between Pandora. I never tried to surf the web during a call and can't really imagine anyone really find a scenario which they would have to.
    Lol, wrong. You have no idea how many times my dad calls me asking me for a phone number for this place or that place. On my iPhone I could go to google maps and search for the business, get the number and repeat it to him over the phone. With my Pre I have to hang up, search it, then call him back with the number. Minor inconvenience, but inconvenience nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    I think you automatically get logged back in w/ the PRE after your call has ended.

Wait, not even trying to bash here, but an Iphone logs you out if you close the AIM app?....Even my old Touch would keep me logged in and notify me off messages while I was doing something else.
    I have no Iphone experience and am just relaying what my buddy was telling me. While I like to thing I am tech savvy, I am by no means an expert. lol
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post

Ya dude, but you can set-up AIM to send you a text when you get an aim message, so it's not really that big of a deal, plus that saves on battery life

Don't get me wrong, DEFINITELY not trying to be an apple fanboy here, but that's a workaround I found.

BUT!!! And keep this in mind, I believe and was told by an unreliable sprint rep that 4G will support simultaneous voice and data at 4g speeds, THIS MEANS VIDEO CALLS!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Ya but if you take that call while Pandora is open pandora dies. LOOOOOL
    On my Pre all it does is fade/pause the music, then resumes after the call

Are you saying on the iPhone it dies?
    CDMA phones are good at making you not notice when data/voice aren't running at the same time.

I tried this on my Blackberry. I was loggd into gchat uner one name and IM'd another name at my computer. Worked fine.

I then placed a call and IM'd from my computer again. Nothing went through.

I hung up my phone and the IM came through.

To the end user (such as me who has had CDMA/iDEN his whole cell phone life) I've never noticed this limitation as if i'm on a phone call...i'm on a call...I've never had anyone ask me to look up directions on my phone as I was on a phone call.

Pandora will stream the song its playing fully, so it frees up the connection to allow phone call through on my blackberry and i'm assuming its the same way on the Pre. I can even surf the web while listening to Pandora.

Again...on my blackberry (iPhone can't even match things like that on my aging Curve).
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Thats odd. I don't have to constantly resign in to AIM after I take a call unlike my buddy and his Iphone. As a matter of fact when he changes apps he is logged out.
    this is incorrect. i have aim on ipod touch. when you close the app you are still signed it, but since the os wont notify you of new messages you have to either use sms notifications, or sign back in to recieve messages.
    On my Pre all it does is fade/pause the music, then resumes after the call

Are you saying on the iPhone it dies?
    Yes, the app is terminated, and you'll have to re-open it. The difference is, on the iPhone you can re-activate it DURING a call and have it stream, keep in mind though it won't actually play any music until you hang up. The iPhone does not allow any sounds to overpower a call, except with that one app they had that allowed you to play sounds through the mic to pretend like you were in traffic or at a football game or something... it was pretty cool... OFFTOPIC THOUGH! NEXT!
    Ya dude, but you can set-up AIM to send you a text when you get an aim message, so it's not really that big of a deal, plus that saves on battery life

Don't get me wrong, DEFINITELY not trying to be an apple fanboy here, but that's a workaround I found.

BUT!!! And keep this in mind, I believe and was told by an unreliable sprint rep that 4G will support simultaneous voice and data at 4g speeds, THIS MEANS VIDEO CALLS!
    Well considering I DO have a little inside scoop with that, I can say that yes Sprint is working on simultaneous voice and data at 4g speeds. Trust me, its the one reason I have stayed w/ Sprint.....if my company is the one that helps Sprint get this thing rolling then Im sure I could start getting a nice discount on my bill.

But needless to say its just insider scoop right now....nothing mapped out/no portfolio of projects for it being rolled out.
    This is an actual question, I don't own an iPhone so I don't know. I'm not trying to prove a point or anything.

Can the iPhone run Pandora, give turn by turn GPS directions w/ street names and take a phone call all at the same time while in a car?

I did this today when trying to find a business in town- amazing. Had to change my pants after that trip.
    Im still confused why I want want to listen to Pandora and be on a phone call at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Im still confused why I want want to listen to Pandora and be on a phone call at the same time.
    I don't think he meant an active song...but rather it pauses then resumes.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I don't think he meant an active song...but rather it pauses then resumes.
    Yeah, pauses then resume, would be HOT if you could put them on hold and they hear that music!
    Really? Wow.

Even my 755p doesn't log me OUT of AIM when I go to another app. It'll even let me know when I receive a message.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Really? Wow.

Even my 755p doesn't log me OUT of AIM when I go to another app. It'll even let me know when I receive a message.
    Could be a bug with his phone since I have heard people in this thread tell me the exact opposite.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    cdma won't allow phone and data at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    cdma won't allow phone and data at the same time.
    ....point being?
    Ya dude, but you can set-up AIM to send you a text when you get an aim message,[...]
    Then it's not logging you out.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Yes this doesn't add up. Since the CDMA network can't do what you describe -voice and data simultaneously. I suspect pandora cached, GPS is a local app, and your call was what was taking the actually network connection
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast