Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I just picked up my Pre today, and after I got home I noticed if with i hold the pre in my palm and push the upper left hand corner of the screen, I can push it in and it seems kind of loose.. is this something that is common on every pre or is something a tad bit loose with mine?

I am hoping if this is a slight defect I can switch mine out for a new one, sadly I bought the last one today so I'm going to have to wait for that.

Everything else works flawlessly though apart from this and I was just curious if this is a common thing.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    btw this is with the keyboard IN not extended out
    Mine has a very tiny amount of play. To me it seems like no big deal. Some people really seem put off by the fact.
    Global Posts
    1,028 Global Posts
    after owning a Nokia N95-4 for several months, the wobble in the Pre's slider is hardly noticeable
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Mine wobbles a bit also but it is not that big of a deal. But my screen also has the distortion that many people have talked about so I am going to see if i can a replacement.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Yeah even I'm not sure it's something worth trying to get a replacement over, I mean if you have it in your hand and push down on it you can feel the play, but the fact that everything else works perfectly makes me hesitant to try to get a replacement over something so trivial and end up with one of those screen problems some people get.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i can feel the play as well. But it's not anything that bothers me or warrants a return for
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I just picked up my Pre today, and after I got home I noticed if with i hold the pre in my palm and push the upper left hand corner of the screen, I can push it in and it seems kind of loose.. is this something that is common on every pre or is something a tad bit loose with mine?

Thanks
    ditto, same spot. Not at all phased by it. The demo unit at the Sprint store was the same way. It is much better than the [T-Mobile] G1. The G1 really "wobbles."
    I think some people have a lot more wobble than others. If it actually moves when you're just holding it or casually messing with the touchscreen, you should probably try to exchange it. Mine only moves a little if I go out of my way to twist it.
    Mine wobbles so bad that when you press the Batt icon you can hear it making a clicking sound. Bought at Best Buy so who knows when I will get a replacement. I dont mind a little wobble but mine is ridiculously loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    Mine wobbles so bad that when you press the Batt icon you can hear it making a clicking sound. Bought at Best Buy so who knows when I will get a replacement. I dont mind a little wobble but mine is ridiculously loose.
    Mine is similar to this, however the "wobble" isn't so obvious. What is obvious is that lightly pinching that area of the phone (finger over the camera lens and other over the battery icon area), the phone will make a clicking sound. Your first reaction might be to think the battery cover isn't on all the way, however it is repeatable even with the battery cover off entirely.

This is a minor annoyance to me but accompanied with two stuck pixels, this is constantly making me debate getting a replacement.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm waiting at least a month or two before getting a replacement. This way the built quality may be better. For just put up with it.
    I have yet to own a slider without any play at all. Still, thankfully, my Pre's is barely noticeable. Nothing I notice unless I am intentionally wiggling it to test the slider.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I'm waiting at least a month or two before getting a replacement. This way the built quality may be better. For just put up with it.
    Mine just has a 30 day warranty though, or is that only through Sprint? So I could wait like a month or two and ask for a replacement based off the wobble? I mean mine isn't that bad, but it's not something I want on a phone I just paid $300 for which is brand new.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    My Pre had some play and I took it back, when they brought the new one out the left side looked as if someone stuck there fingernail between the two halves and tried to pull it apart. I couldn't believe that phone was new. I had the go get me another.
    mine is so bad that when closes you can twist the top half of the phone to the right 2 degrees.
  17. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Hey I've figured it out. Maybe this is Palm's idea of tactile feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    mine is so bad that when closes you can twist the top half of the phone to the right 2 degrees.
    That's how mine is too. The screen is pretty loose, but I have never had great luck with slider phones. Pretty much all of them that I have owned have either gotten pretty loose, the connection goes bad (When the answer/hand up calls), or they break off entirely. Since my Pre has no other issues, no crashes, freezes etc. and good battery life, I think I will just deal and see where this ride takes me.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I think some degree of play is required for a slider, otherwise it wouldn't slide easily. But if its actually "rotating" at all (even 2 degrees), then I would think its replacement worthy.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Just a shame you didn't hear in the reviews about the phone that these issues existed, might of changed my mind when deciding whether to get a Pre or not.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast