Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Found it. For the record, the root directory is specified as /media/internal/www/
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Found it. For the record, the root directory is specified as /media/internal/www/
    eeeeEEEE-HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

oh, and, thanx
    Just create an app with a webview widget, the you can use it to view local html files in /media/internal/
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just create an app with a webview widget, the you can use it to view local html files in /media/internal/
    What a neat idea...I've been trying to think of something simple (but useful), so I could try to make my first app.

I'm so far behind the curve...I hope I can find some time to throw this together.

Sketch42,

I appreciate the help, but using the search bar on Firefox, there is no mention of any of the following terms in the newbie file you referred readers to:

local
    html
    photo

Searches have found unsatisfactory answers, so it doesn't surprise me that we are in this quagmire today, almost a year later.

I'm not sure if there's a solution. The solution is NOT to add a web server to the Pre...perhaps this discussion can move to a higher level of developers for a better grasp on the problem and potential solutions.

It would also be nice if someone from Palm could weigh in on why local access is not allowed.
    I have devoted about 8 hours to this work around...and still cannot view a simple .html file on my Palm Pre. It is amazing that Palm has still not addressed this. How can this not have been fixed in one of the previous updates or in some homebrew. I thought I bought a smart phone, but apparently it is a toy...
    pReader will do it
    Sorry to wake up an old thread....

I used the Lighty Web Server. It's pretty small. I copied a bunch of aviation sectional charts to it and I wrote a little index.html file to point to the charts to make choosing a particular chart real easy.

Now I have an electronic chart application for free. I can put all the charts of the United States on it for free. The webOS browser will let me zoom in and out to pretty much any level I need. This rocks.

I was hoping for a PDF solution, but this is MUCH better...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12