Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have been a 10 year customer between AT&T and Verizon. Before switching to Sprint, I was concerned about the customer service. We've all read about the horror stories last year (They ranked rock bottom in mid-08). I heard they recently implemented a new customer service turn around plan, but I wasn't really hoping for anything.

Today I had called them to complain about the reception I get at my house (Barely get 1 bar at times) and I thought about cancelling and returning the Pre. The customer service reps were very friendly and conversational with me (She wanted one, but Sprint won't allow reps to buy one until 6 months from now). She got me over to another department (probably retention) to talk about my service issues. The rep who I spoke to was also very friendly. And immediately after hearing my problems, gave me a free Airave with no monthly fees for 2 years!

I was absolutely shocked by the level of great customer service I received. I never received this kind of service with Verizon or AT&T (definately not AT&T).

Sprint customer service is the BEST.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    That's funny I called them this morning to complain about the same thing they flat out told me I could still go back to AT&T.
    Wow, that is pretty impressive. Congrats . I have been a Sprint customer since 2000, and besides the incorrect bills at time haven't had any real problems with them. I also found that if you just kept asking to talk to superiors, you will eventually win.

Can Sprint reps really not buy a Pre for six months? Wow. The store I just ordered mine from yesterday (granted not a corporate store) had three reps with them when I was in the store.

To me it seems like kind of a bad idea to not let the people that are selling your product own the product to get some personal experience with it.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    That's funny I called them this morning to complain about the same thing they flat out told me I could still go back to AT&T.
    You are full of ****. Quit trolling.
    Eh bein a 10 year customer(Which is my one fight with Sprint right now cause they cant prove it) I've found the best customer service is to just not deal with them.

I've found it just depends on who you get. If you're able to get ahold of a tech, they are the BEST people to talk to. They will spend the time with you to get things fixed.
    I deal with all four carriers at the office since we have accounts with all of them, and I have a pretty good sense. AT&T is by *FAR* the worst customer service, since it ends up going to India -- its a running joke now that anything we call for, example someone wants to change their phone #, that you don't get off the call any sooner than 45 minutes. And they keep repeating themselves OVER and OVER, "okay Mister so-and-so, so we will change the number now is that okay?" --- "yeah I already said many times its okay, its okay". I even told our AT&T biz rep 'dude the customer service is SERIOUSLY grinding on our nerves, we just don't even bother anymore because it takes an hour to get ANYTHING done since they don't know what they're doing."

T-Mobile is so-so, Verizon is decent, but Sprint most of all has been surprising me lately -- we have a fleet of blackberries with them and the business rep is great, customer service is great, and as recently as yesterday I had a run in with Sprint that had me going "wow":

I called to switch my # to a pre, the lady got it done in record time, then she said she'd call back in an hour to make sure I got everything working since I said I'd hang up and create my profile on my own without tying her up. I realized I had my "ringer off" switch toggled so i never noticed the missed calls, but on my voicemail later there were *three* calls from Sprint, calling to verify I got everything working okay.

Then I ran into a tech issue, spoke with "Raven" in tech, who spent almost an hour with me trying different things, for an issue which ended up being my own stupidity. She was totally competent, very tech savvy, kept apologizing it was taking so long (she had to call a lady at Palm who actually *was* clueless).

Overall I give Sprint an "A" for customer service, at least for the last 6 months I've been dealing with them.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Getting stuff for free doesn't equal good customer service.
    I called as well (about reception in my home) and they blamed my house / remote controls / Wifi / cats (Kidding). They were nice, but didn't really offer to let me speak with anyone. I got an automated call after the fact and said "no" to the question if my issue had been resolved. I got a call today from a priority support person to ask if they could help, but I am at work now where the problem isn't happeing, but will give them a call later.

The in-store rep wasn't so nice. When I got the phone, I was going to port over my AT&T number, but they needed my AT&T account #. I didn't have it (didn't need it when I switched from TMO to ATT, so it didn't even strike me to bring it) and was already late for a family function and didn't want to look it up online, so I asked if I could port it over "later" and they said "sure can."

Well, I went to a different location today near work to do just that and the person said I couldn't. I mentioned what I had been told and she made me wait a good lenght of time and had me sit down while another rep showed her what to do, but she seemed very unhappy an not very cordial. I had to have her repeat things as she talked really low and that seemed to annoy her. I am hoping she got my info correct because as I gave her my home land-line number I saw her type a different one. I caught that and corrected her, which seemed to annoy her. After that I just talked to the other rep as he seemed very nice. We'll see once the port takes effect...

Hopefully it is an isolated incident. The people I spoke to on the phone have been real nice and helpful, even if it hasn't solved my particular issue yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    No free stuff isn't necessarily good customer service, but a rep solving your problem even when it costs the company money is.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've got a business account w/ 6 lines, and I've had it for about 2 yrs now. I've always been impressed with their business customer support -- I can get a real live human (usually a very congenial one) on the line in usually less than 5 min - often just a couple. I agree w/ the person that mentioned the billing errors. I think there was a stretch of about 6 months where every one of my bills had an error of $50 or more - sometimes much more. The customer service reps were always very helpful and got it cleared up right away - was just frustrating that I had to call them each month. I don't think I've had a billing problem for 6 months or more now.
    One thing I have learned is to go to a store and make them your friends, be nice and they, especially recently, have gone above and beyond. I went in there yesterday asking if I needed to buy a Palm pre usb to micro or if could buy any. He said hold on, came back in two minutes and just gave me one. Made my day!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I called back the lady worked it out so I don't pay for the airrave monthly I just had to pay the 100 upfront. To hat guy uptop how am I trolling my pre works great in all places but my home, I called them to complain the lady told me I can still opt out and go back to AT&T why are people here so hostile?
    Last edited by Jeffdc5; 06/11/2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Global Posts
    1,028 Global Posts
    i was with sprint back from 2002-2005, switched to VZW from 2005-2007, and then switched to AT&T for the iPhone. AT&T is okay in my area, I'm in the Dallas area so it should be, but I've always had better coverage with Sprint and Verizon. I'd drop at least one call a day with AT&T which might be more related to the iPhone but I doubt it. Anyhow, I was a bit skeptical of switching to Sprint with the bad rap that they get.

However, my experience so far has been nothing but great. I went Saturday morning to get my Pre at about 11:30. Walked right in, asked for the lady who had talked to me and had given me her card when I came in to inquire about the Pre. I knew she was their Pre advocate so I preferred to deal with her. She had my Pre activated and account set up in about 10 minutes although it took about 30 minutes as we BS'd and compared it to my iPhone 3G. She also said she had a cool website she wanted me to use that adds tv shows to your calendar and when I told her I'd be interested in that she asked if it was ok if she texted it to me. Sure enough 20 minutes later I got a text from her. While listening to Pandora and still in the euphoria of being able to listen to Pandora and text at the same time (as my iPhone wouldn't do), I replied back "thanks, and btw this phone is sweet". I had also wanted a touchstone and was kinda bummed that they were out of them, well about 10 minutes later I get a text from her that she had found one for me and was holding it for me. 10 minutes later I'm back at the store with my touchstone and happy as can be.

I haven't had an experience like that with another carrier where they went above and beyond to obtain my business. I wasn't porting my number just yet because I wanted to see how it compared to my AT&T service. Yesterday I was convinced enough to make the switch. Knowing me I'll probably jump back to AT&T at some point, for a new feature packed iPhone, not just an evolutionary one or a webOS device, but I'm very happy with the Pre and so far really happy with Sprint.
    "Getting stuff for free doesn't equal good customer service."

You obviously have not worked in any type of buisness! That is great customer service! They take the time to listen and then fix a problem to make sure their customer is happy is what customer service is. Especially when they give you something free because it cost the company money
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    it does if it solves a customers problem
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Eh bein a 10 year customer(Which is my one fight with Sprint right now cause they cant prove it) I've found the best customer service is to just not deal with them.

I've found it just depends on who you get. If you're able to get ahold of a tech, they are the BEST people to talk to. They will spend the time with you to get things fixed.
    i have to agree. i think sprint is great technically, for me anyways. i dont hardly ever get dropped calls or bad signal, but i dont enjoy dealing with the customer service. i think they're nice and all, but i don't think they really know what they're doing. i tried to have the apply corporate discount 3 times, and each time they would tell me it's done and to wait two billing cycles for it to show up, and each time it never showed up. so anyways, i think they try to solve your problem, but they may or may not, and i dont think they're intentionally lying or anything. they tell you what they believe is true, its just that i can't trust what they're saying because i dont believe they know the true answer, but they'll tell me like they do.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    i have to agree. i think sprint is great technically, for me anyways. i dont hardly ever get dropped calls or bad signal, but i dont enjoy dealing with the customer service. i think they're nice and all, but i don't think they really know what they're doing. i tried to have the apply corporate discount 3 times, and each time they would tell me it's done and to wait two billing cycles for it to show up, and each time it never showed up. so anyways, i think they try to solve your problem, but they may or may not, and i dont think they're intentionally lying or anything. they tell you what they believe is true, its just that i can't trust what they're saying because i dont believe they know the true answer, but they'll tell me like they do.
    Agreed. I have an amazingly cheap Everything Plan with them now because of so many of their previous customer service rep screw-ups (billing screw-ups, loyalty discounts not being applied despite being promised them, etc. etc.) but that doesn't really make me feel like their service was amazing or anything. It's still rare to come across someone who completely knows what they're doing.

As an example: the day that Sprint released the corporate press release announcing the Palm Pre release date, I called customer service at the end of the business day to ask questions about whether it'd be at telesales, presold for Premier customers, etc. The rep i spoke with knew NOTHING about the phone, including that corporate had announced a release date. Just like Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    You are full of ****. Quit trolling.
    Yep, I did the same and they gave me the Airave. I now have full signal at home!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ive been with sprint for 8 years now. they were awful (and I mean really awful) but over the last year the couple of times i've dealt with them they have been great. the best part? your calls don't get routed to india any more! it's canada or us and that in itself makes dealing with any cust service a-ok in my book!
    I was already with Sprint through a corporate account for my BB and have never had to deal with Customer Service as I haven't had any issues over the past three years. But the rep who helped me switch over to the Pre yesterday was very friendly and thorough. Stayed on the line with us (had to have a company telecomm guy on the phone) for about 45 minutes to make absolutely sure the thing was working before she would hang up. The other guy on the line made a comment about it even before I did.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast