1.    #1  
    OK I admit I am in love with this thing so far, but something that needs to be addressed is cursor control. Just tapping is not cutting it especially with the small fonts. And on the precentral mobile page (from which it is still easier to read the posts) I see no way to move back up to text that has scrolled off of the top of the text box. Also cannot highlight blocks of text for easy deletion which is very useful when you only want to quote a few lines of somebody's long post. Hope somebody can fix this.
    Hold the orange button. Then you can move the cursor.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Holding the orange key and moving your finger on the screen should move the cursor. Holding the shift key and moving your finger will highlight text. Hopefully that helps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Hold the orange button. Then you can move the cursor.
    The problem is using your finger with or without orange button is not accurate enough compared to the old dpad or arrow keys, although with several tries I can now scroll above the text box. With the orange key I am constantly moving it back and forth or up and down to get it in the right spot to add one letter. the fact my finger is hiding part of the screen makes it even worse. With the good old dpad its on click up and six to the left and you are there. I'm hoping someone can do something that (say, if you hit orange+sym or something) turns the 2,6,8 and 4 into a cursor control. That would be nice when reading long test as well as that is smoother and better sometimes than a finger scroll which can disrupt your reading
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/11/2009 at 06:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I agree the finger movement doesn't feel precise enough but I'm hoping it'll get easier with practice. I like your idea about using buttons though, sort of like how Classic does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    The problem is using your finger with or without orange button is not accurate enough compared to the old dpad or arrow keys, although with several tries I can now scroll above the text box. With the orange key I am constantly moving it back and forth or up and down to get it in the right spot to add one letter. the fact my finger is hiding part of the screen makes it even worse. With the good old dpad its on click up and six to the left and you are there. I'm hoping someone can do something that (say, if you hit orange+sym or something) turns the 2,6,8 and 4 into a cursor control. That would be nice when reading long test as well as that is smoother and better sometimes than a finger scroll which can disrupt your reading
    You do know you don't have to put your finger where the cursor is?

You can use anywhere on the screen to move the cursor around.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    You do know you don't have to put your finger where the cursor is?

You can use anywhere on the screen to move the cursor around.
    I know I'm not the OP but even on trying this it's still a pain and not very accurate.

Does anyone else's efforts to highlight text to copy/paste never work? Mine never actually highlights everything that i want to highlight... it seems to stop about 5 or 6 characters to the right. I know i have big fingers but c'mon...
    Thanks for the tip!!! i couldnt figure out for the life of me what the point of cut copy and paste was for if you couldnt highlight stuff!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahnoff View Post
    I know I'm not the OP but even on trying this it's still a pain and not very accurate.

Does anyone else's efforts to highlight text to copy/paste never work? Mine never actually highlights everything that i want to highlight... it seems to stop about 5 or 6 characters to the right. I know i have big fingers but c'mon...
    Indeed.

This is one of the biggest things that makes me worry about getting a Pre. I keep practicing on the demo at Sprint and I hope I'll get better. However, it seems incredibly difficult as compared to a stylus or d-pad.

As you say, it repeatedly stops highlighting any more text before I'm done.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I find the orange key plus dragging my finger on the screen to work just fine...