Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    thx
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Happy Valley---- yay.
    +1
    People actually put their phones in airplane mode to conserve battery life? I think that it is ridiculous to have to put your phone in airplane mode just so your phone can make it the entire day without a charge. If you turn all your radios off what services can you actually still utilize? You might as well save yourself some money and get and ipod....My main issue with the Pre is that if you aren't able to actually take advantage of its functionality what's the point. Coming over from a Blackberry I am used to NEVER logging out of my IM services. My friends couldn't figure out how I was ALWAYS on. I hope Palm puts out a software update soon to remedy the rapid depletion of the battery because the Pre is great.
    Last edited by JR_Rider; 07/08/2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Left out important comment.
  4.    #64  
    Most battery issues are software based, but some will never be remedied. That being said, my phone makes it from 6 am when I wake up till 11pm or later when I go to bed. Granted it is usually at or below 20 percent, but that's all it really needs.

When you are around WiFi, use it. It takes less power to communicate that way then it does to a tower.

From Palm: Charging your battery often will expand batterly life. Tricky little lithium batteries don't work like old batteries. It is not wise to continually let it run all the way down.

Last point - most people do not need to go more than a day without charging. If you are one of those people who do, buy another battery. Probably a wise choice regardless of how much you use it.
    Had a problem with the manual sync on my aol account...it kept getting emails even though I put it on manual sync...I think this also killed my battery. I know other have had problems with manual sync with gmail, but I think it's a palm issue and not a service issue. Also, does anyone know how to select all the emails and "mark as read"...just curious
    Different issue: I have 2800 contacts in Google. (This is because of the bizarre way gmail creates contacts,not because I know a lot of people.) I understand that contacts sync every 15 minutes or so. Would I save power by deleting google and relying only on the native contacts application?
    Laissez Faire
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Different issue: I have 2800 contacts in Google. (This is because of the bizarre way gmail creates contacts,not because I know a lot of people.) I understand that contacts sync every 15 minutes or so. Would I save power by deleting google and relying only on the native contacts application?
    I was in your same boat. I visited my google accounts page and deleted all erroneous and out of date contacts. Pain in the ****... however, it worked.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Had a problem with the manual sync on my aol account...it kept getting emails even though I put it on manual sync...I think this also killed my battery. I know other have had problems with manual sync with gmail, but I think it's a palm issue and not a service issue. Also, does anyone know how to select all the emails and "mark as read"...just curious
    No way to mark as read. To me, this would be helpful, but I confess opening and closing an email doesn't bug me that much.

As for your initial issue, have you tried removing your Aol and adding it back in? I have seen your issue before, and this nearly all the time fixes it.
    yeah, i removed it and re-added it...kept it on 24 hours...seems to work fine with those settings.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234