Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I know browsing is taken over by WiFi but does it take over anything else? Pandora? Email?

I'm asking because my email now has a yellow caution icon on them once I left the house this morning switching off of my WiFi network. Email was working all they way up til then.

If not does anyone know what or how to fix the caution icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    I know browsing is taken over by WiFi but does it take over anything else? Pandora? Email?

I'm asking because my email now has a yellow caution icon on them once I left the house this morning switching off of my WiFi network. Email was working all they way up til then.

If not does anyone know what or how to fix the caution icon?
    If wifi is enabled, ALL data should be routed through it.
    I have the opposite issue from you. Email works fine with wifi disabled, but email wont work at all when using my schools wifi. This is probably because my phone is set to uses sprints servers for email, and dosent know what to do with the local wifi. Yours might be setup the opposite way.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I know that Email does as I got my home IP address banned because I put in the wrong password setting it up on the Pre over WiFi.
    Everything works except sms/mms and calls.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    If wifi is enabled, ALL data should be routed through it.
    I have the opposite issue from you. Email works fine with wifi disabled, but email wont work at all when using my schools wifi. This is probably because my phone is set to uses sprints servers for email, and dosent know what to do with the local wifi. Yours might be setup the opposite way.
    Could it be a possibility that your school has a firewall or internet filter and is blocking your email?
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    So how do I get my email back? Only got the yellow caution icon now. If you open a gmail account, it says i have 2 unread, then the yellow icon and it won't bring in any of my messages since I left the house.
    What exactly does the yellow caution icon mean in the email apps?
    i get that same crap, i have 3 email addys on my pre, it only happens w/ one addy... however when it is highlighted it shows a number of emails that is available that is not equal to the amount in that email box.... it still does not equal the number of all 3 email boxes together
    You're likely seeing the Warning icon when you switch to a network that has any sort of firewall or proxy blocking email access. Schools often have this, I hear.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    Its a gmail account but its fixed now. I did nothing at all, now the icon is gone and my email is back. That's the good thing, the bad thing was I missed 37 emails and 5 of them where waiting on replies from me. My first day I missed the Curve.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I was WRONG!!! Not fixed at all!!!

I have 2 accounts. the one set as default works with 'as items arrives' the other one don't work at all and all I get is a yellow caution icon.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I seem to know the problem, whenever I'm using wifi the mail doesn't come to my Pre until I get back on EVDO. Really hope this is a bug and not the way they designed it.
    I am getting the sames result. Gmail quits pushing when on wifi. Really lame. My exchange account works fine.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I get gmail push when I am on wifi. I just tested it and it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Everything works except sms/mms and calls.
    And navigation and sprint tv don't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by theadlee View Post
    I am getting the sames result. Gmail quits pushing when on wifi. Really lame. My exchange account works fine.
    Gmail is pushing fine over wifi for me. Has been all week.