Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that the metal on the earbuds are actually magnets. The earbuds hold to eachother making it easy to wrap them up and keeps them from knotting up in my backpack

Nice touch
    good find, thanks.
    Yep, it is a nice touch. I wish they were just a little stronger--I find that mine come apart easily. But the magnets do make it a lot easier to slide the cord thingy up to hold them together for good.

The magnets are also good for telling you which one goes in which ear, since it is quite impossible to read the L and R imprinted. The magnets face front.

By the way, I also find that they sound quite good, and fit in my ear just fine. Ipod earbuds always make my ears hurt after an hour or so, but these don't bother me at all.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    When I first saw them I thought to myself, "Oh great! another pair of cheap, crap earbuds." Since I've tried them out however, I'm very happy with the sound, they don't hurt my ears and they're actually pretty comfortable.

I think Palm get's another point for this.
    Yep, it's an interesting little detail.

Hopefully we won't find out that brain tumors are ever linked with wearing magnets in the ears.
    I'm a huge fan of Sony's in-the-ear-canal isolating buds, but the Palm ones are pretty darned good for free ones. And the built-in mic and switch in the cord work well for making calls, as long as you're not in a super noisy environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoracer View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Sony's in-the-ear-canal isolating buds, but the Palm ones are pretty darned good for free ones. And the built-in mic and switch in the cord work well for making calls, as long as you're not in a super noisy environment.
    Free if you don't count the 200 dollar phone you just bought.
    That's what Zune earbuds have done since gen 1 as well. I love that feature.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    The earbuds also act as a headset, with the black piece on the cord acting as button to answer/end calls and pause/play music with a single click. If you want to skip a track, you just double click on the button. The other side of the button also has a built-in microphone to allow you to make calls without ever taking out your earbuds, as well.

I was pleasantly surprised by the good audio quality and functionality of the headset. I just wish they were a bit smaller, as they're hard to fit comfortably in the ear.
    didnt even notice that till now. thanks! along with all the other tips about answering/hanging up etc
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    The magnets are also good for telling you which one goes in which ear, since it is quite impossible to read the L and R imprinted. The magnets face front.
    So hard to read, in fact, that I didn't even know it was until I read this.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

12. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    dont forget fallas you get noise cancellation too
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    dont forget fallas you get noise cancellation too

FALLAS ----