1.    #1  
    I just now finished an order for buying extra 2 more batteries for the Palm Pre. I called the 800 number for my phone sale.

Here's the link for the battery:
    Palm Pre™ Standard Battery - Palm Accessories

I also bought the vehicle car charger, because I really want an extra USB cable cord that comes with this purchase. I found out this particular cable is half the length at only 2 1/2 feet, versus the supplied 5 feet cord. I actually want a shorter 2 1/2 feet USB cord so this works out great.

Here's the link for the car charger plus shorter USB cord:
    Palm Vehicle Power Charger - Palm Accessories

Because I bought at least 2 items, I asked for a 20 percent discount, and I got it! Otherwise, the sales rep did not offer it to me.

I'll bet if I check back on that Palm site again, the extra battery will be sold out now that I posted this message!

I also got transferred to Palm technical support, and the rep there confirmed it's okay to swap out the internal battery, as long as you go into Airplane mode first to turn off the cellular radio signal, in order to cancel any potential automatic updates to the Pre. I was told that swapping out the battery in the middle of an update could possibly ruin the Pre phone. But going into Airplane mode should avoid that.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Sprint offered me the car charger when i bought my pre saturday morning. I bought it, and it doesn't look like that, it just says 'sprint' on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Sprint offered me the car charger when i bought my pre saturday morning. I bought it, and it doesn't look like that, it just says 'sprint' on it.
    That charger is offered by Palm, its a USB Acc Socket Adaptor with a USB Cable that is detachable. It is available at BestBuy to purchase for 32.00$ out the door.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hopefully my sprint store will have them - I get a corp discount on accessories.
    I think Im gonna get the seidio extended one.