Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    And he can't figure out how the Pre works?

If one wonders why newspapers are becoming increasingly irrelevant, there's Exhibit A right there.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    I wonder what the single application key on the right side is used for?

Edit: whoa, and he also published the phone numbers (mobile work and home) for some random contact on the internet. Nice!
    Andy Ihnatko is a pretty die hard apple fan.

He does MacBreak weekly with Leo Laporte.
    twit.tv/mbw144

He talks about the Palm Pre and Apple iPhone here.

Video: odtv.me/2009/06/09/macbreak-weekly-144/
    Last edited by zhackwyatt; 06/11/2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Added video link.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    Andy Ihnatko is a pretty die hard apple fan.

He does MacBreak weekly with Leo Laporte.
    twit.tv/mbw144

He talks about the Palm Pre and Apple iPhone here.
    I was cringing when listening to this week's MBW when he was saying how he can't figure out how to type a "colon" using the Pre's Keyboard. I was very surprised, as was Leo Laporte (the host of the podcast).

But then again, I have used a blackberry for a long time and the keyboards are almost exactly the same, so I guess if you've used an iPhone for 2+ years it is quite a change. But still, if you're complaining about how you can't figure out how to type a ":", that is a problem, you shouldn't be writing a review. I like Andy Ihnatko, but I completely disagree with his view on the Pre.
    Last edited by MrEricM; 06/11/2009 at 02:26 PM.
    He also can't access the power button when the keyboard is open? Um, wtf?
    He's being willfully obtuse.

Ever see those infomercials for silly lifestyle products, where they show the actor putting on a ridiculous display of ineptitude with whatever product they're trying to replace? Like the one for those wallet clip things, where they show a woman going through her bag and throwing stuff around like a mongoloid spaz?

That is this guy with the Pre.

"iPhone so easy to use! Yet Mongo no understand how open Pre without slam on forehead! Mongo scream at Pre, Pre no respond! Mongo press center button and Pre no turn off, why?"
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    And he can't figure out how the Pre works?

If one wonders why newspapers are becoming increasingly irrelevant, there's Exhibit A right there.

He's a ******. As a card-carrying AARP member I can say this....he's an old fart trying to be hip in a much younger world (note the over the glasses stare. the only thing he's missing is the pursed lips in a photo booth at the mall).

If things like the infamous orange button has him stumped he clearly hasn't spent any time with any of Palm's other offerings.

Listen, is this thing flawless? Not by a long shot. Nor is it an iPhone killer. MOST iPhone users bought them because A. It said "i" on it; B. It was kinda like their iPod; C. They could text and IM their friends on it; D. When all else failed they could call their friends because it just so happened to have a phone in it; E. Oh, yeah...they could keep their music on it and F. in a pinch they could use it like a personal information manager.

For those of us that have come up through the Palm (both Palm OS and WinMo) ranks, this is a real step forward. The two factions shall co-exist. Would I have an iPhone? Not on a bet, but mostly because AT&T sucks. Frankly, I'm a Sprint fan. Do they have issues? Yep. But they're working on it.

I felt the same way about Ford a few years ago, so I bought a couple of them and some of their stock. Guess what?

In any case, Quazimodo may or may not actually be in he Sun-Times building, but if so, he's just down the street from me. Want me to go slap him around a little? (Now watch...just my luck...someone will kick his *** at a 7-11 tonight and they'll be tracing my IP address!)

C'est la vie.

bj
    Yet most of the people in this thread would heap praise on this review if the word Pre was replaced with iPhone and the word Palm was replaced with Apple. It's all about viewpoints.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    Edit: whoa, and he also published the phone numbers (mobile work and home) for some random contact on the internet. Nice!
    I should say, that he (Andy) didn't create the video, someone from "Phonescoop.com" did. He just embedded their review video...
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    He's being willfully obtuse.

Ever see those infomercials for silly lifestyle products, where they show the actor putting on a ridiculous display of ineptitude with whatever product they're trying to replace? Like the one for those wallet clip things, where they show a woman going through her bag and throwing stuff around like a mongoloid spaz?

That is this guy with the Pre.

"iPhone so easy to use! Yet Mongo no understand how open Pre without slam on forehead! Mongo scream at Pre, Pre no respond! Mongo press center button and Pre no turn off, why?"

LMAO!
    Oh man, and that's only "Part 1" too.

It sounds like this guy walked into a sprint store and wrote his review from his first 5 minutes of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post

Oh my gosh, that one had me laughing. Very well done sir!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yet most of the people in this thread would heap praise on this review if the word Pre was replaced with iPhone and the word Palm was replaced with Apple. It's all about viewpoints.
    I would be surprised if he were unable to operate an iPhone, either. But I've only used one once for five minutes and have no idea how intuitive they are.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I think his criticism about displaying the dock in the program launcher is a fair one, I never noticed it before but he's right - there's no reason to display it in that situation. Otherwise, I disagreed with his other negative points.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well at least he didnt try to slice cheese with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Find us such a review and we will ridicule it.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    wow that guy is a complete moron if he cant even manage to find the colon key..... i mean somehow he managed to learn to type on a damn screen but finding a color is beyond him? wow is all I can say.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    being from chicago, i never liked the suntimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    well at least he didnt try to slice cheese with it.
    That really bugged me about Gizmodo's review of the pre. I've played around with a few of them now and have yet to find that lip that can break skin. Sometimes they are completely ridiculous and it just comes off as useless to the piece they are writing. Too many people try to be the "Jeremy Clarkson" of reviews whether it be cars or gadgets.

Note: if you don't know who JC is go to youtube.com and search Top Gear, hilarity ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    That really bugged me about Gizmodo's review of the pre. I've played around with a few of them now and have yet to find that lip that can break skin. Sometimes they are completely ridiculous and it just comes off as useless to the piece they are writing. Too many people try to be the "Jeremy Clarkson" of reviews whether it be cars or gadgets.

Note: if you don't know who JC is go to youtube.com and search Top Gear, hilarity ensues.
    Great comparison with JC of Top Gear. Great Show
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast