Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Last edited by alundre; 06/11/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    Hummm...the reviewer says he is using the IM and it's not impacting his battery life.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I totally agree with this article and am very excited for the many cool things yet to come from Palm for the WebOS and the Pre!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Same here....I wasn't shocked to see Ars do a review of the device, but their initial conclusion may be 100% correct. While most of the tech media is putting the Pre up against the iPhone, perhaps the real fight is going to be between Palm and RIM.

Either way it makes for a great article!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I haven't used IM much because of the reports of poor battery life whenever it's on, but Ars seems to report differently. Has anyone else tried using it for long periods of time?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I haven't used IM much because of the reports of poor battery life whenever it's on, but Ars seems to report differently. Has anyone else tried using it for long periods of time?
    I've been doing the same as you but perhaps tomorrow I will try having my IM accounts actually turned on. I leave them off simply because of all the bad things I have heard about battery life when using IM apps (especially AIM). Does anyone know what the AIM problem is exactly? Do you only encounter it with AIM? Do you need some certain combination of AIM + Gmail?
    Now it's a "Blackberry killer"? Why must my Pre kill?

Edit: That review is a pretty interesting perspective. I'm not sure I see the Pre as a business IT-issued device, but one can see how WebOS would be perfect for it.
    Last edited by northside; 06/11/2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Hummm...the reviewer says he is using the IM and it's not impacting his battery life.
    If I remember right Palm contacted the Engadget reviewer about AIM draining the battery life. In the Ars review he only uses Google Talk.
    I thought it was very good also - no real bashing - must be an old Palm fanboy!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I can't wait to see their next part of the review. I have always had a lot of respect for the guys and gals over at Ars.
    I'm pretty sure everyone at Ars has a soft spot for Palm. My first glowy hand device was a Palm V. No carrier contract required.