1.    #1  
    Little history here..

6-06-09 - In line by 1:30 a.m. #5

8:30 a.m. Hour drive home with my brand new Palm Pre

12:00 p.m. After lunch sitting at home rebooting my Pre after the 1.02 update... Five dead pixels, called the store and they have a replacement for me.

1:30 p.m. Back in the store exchange for new Pre, check for dead pixels, CLEAR!

10:00 p.m. Phone is charger and I notice... Of course.. The yellow circle in the lower right, furious.

6-07-09

10:00 a.m. Call Sprint, put on the waiting list for second Pre replacement. Assured by manager I am at the top and Wednesday will be the day.

6-10-09

10:00 a.m. Call, "Our shipment isn't even here until 2:00 p.m.

3:00 p.m. "Yes we got Pre's in but your not on THAT waiting list" Excuse me? I was told I was at the top.. "One moment sir" " Yes you were on a repair list not the waiting list, I have a Pre with a post it note for you anytime.

5:00 p.m. Drive down again!

6:30 p.m. Starting return process, employee is shocked at the yellow circle and clearly sees it is an issue, says this is the first at her store but they have had dead pixel exchanges. But calls me ANAL???!?!?

7:30 p.m. Out the door plug Pre into car charger to get it nice and warm no issue! Reboot no dead pixels!

9:00 p.m. Notice this Pre has almost a quarter of an inch of slop with the phone closed! Also makes a different sound opening and closing than the older Pre

10:30 p.m. Phone locks up, power down/on wont fix it. Try a full reset/erase.

6-11-09

2:09 p.m. Pre is working fine, slop is pathetic, giving up on the replacement Pre game and just loving my Pre for what it is, FANTASTIC software, CRAPPY hardware.

A little strange post I agree but the best way to describe my experiences I think.
    Fantastic software, crappy hardware. yup. sounds about right.
  3.    #3  
    The hardware design itself although not the most practical, is pretty cool. Just very very low quality control and or components (slider).