Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought sharing my experience might be useful. I was experiencing the overheating, inconsistent signal and battery issues with my Pre that many are reporting on these and other boards. I was #1 in line at my location last Saturday. First out the door with a problematic Pre.

On Tuesday I spoke with the store manager about my concerns and showed him the overheated unit. He agreed that something was wrong and told me he would provide a replacement unit when a new supply arrived. Today he called me around noon to indicate the supply was in and that I could swap my unit out.

So far the difference is like night and day. It is still too soon to know about battery life, but the signal is steady at my location and while the unit was charging it grew only mildly warm, instead of nearly scalding hot. It charged much faster than the original unit and multiple calls did not drain the battery. I will know more tomorrow, but this new unit appears to be eons better in terms of performance than my first one. I suspect I had a defective unit and if you are experiencing the symptoms referenced in this post, I recommend talking to your manager and swapping out because you should not have to deal with those issues.

I am a new Sprint customer. I have heard the horror stories of terrible CS, but I was treated very well and am satisfied that Sprint wants to retain me as a customer. Kudos to Sprint for taking care of me. I hope they will also take care of anyone who has similar issues with their Pre.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    This is to every singal person who has a battery life span of 4 hours and under.

The reason why you are having such a bad battery is because you are running the location survices and/or you have the screen brightness all the way up. When you turn the location services and turn the screen brightness down you will get more than double the battery life.
    To do this just open up the apps menu and swip toward the 3rd page and click the location services icon and uncheck all three. Then turn down the screen brightness by going the the 3rd page and click the screen & lock icon.
    Yep turned this off first day (all 3) and still draining rapidly!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggtennis View Post
    I thought sharing my experience might be useful. I was experiencing the overheating, inconsistent signal and battery issues with my Pre that many are reporting on these and other boards. I was #1 in line at my location last Saturday. First out the door with a problematic Pre.

On Tuesday I spoke with the store manager about my concerns and showed him the overheated unit. He agreed that something was wrong and told me he would provide a replacement unit when a new supply arrived. Today he called me around noon to indicate the supply was in and that I could swap my unit out.

So far the difference is like night and day. It is still too soon to know about battery life, but the signal is steady at my location and while the unit was charging it grew only mildly warm, instead of nearly scalding hot. It charged much faster than the original unit and multiple calls did not drain the battery. I will know more tomorrow, but this new unit appears to be eons better in terms of performance than my first one. I suspect I had a defective unit and if you are experiencing the symptoms referenced in this post, I recommend talking to your manager and swapping out because you should not have to deal with those issues.

I am a new Sprint customer. I have heard the horror stories of terrible CS, but I was treated very well and am satisfied that Sprint wants to retain me as a customer. Kudos to Sprint for taking care of me. I hope they will also take care of anyone who has similar issues with their Pre.
    Please update your situation tomorrow. If it is the case, I will be swapping out my pre very shortly. I'm thinking about making a collection website for people to enter in their manufacturing date, and their pre experience. I want to see if there is any correlation
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12