1.    #1  
    In Contacts, some of my Synergized contacts numbers are designated as "Pager" but I can't figure out how to add that as a new label. The only options are Mobile, Home, Work, Fax, and Other. Any ideas?

(Yes, I still work with people who have pagers. It's the burden of being a doctor.)

Thanks.
    Interesting. That appears to be a limitation of the Pre contacts app. It must store the information as a text field in order for Google (or whatever) to save the 'pager' label, but the drop-down selector in the Pre app itself doesn't list that as an option.

Sounds like your only recourse is to enter the contact in Google (or whatever).
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

yeah this sucks!!

doctors use pagers Palm!
    Change the label is google contacts on your computer and sync it over.
    Ummm... I could be wrong, but if a pager isn't a Mobile, Home, Work or Fax then isn't it 'other'?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Change the label in google contacts on your computer and sync it over.
    That's what I do and it works.
    i hope Palm corrects this though.
    I didn't know they even made pagers anymore.
    They do. Cellular signals don't make there way into the hospital very well. When people need the Doc on call they have to be reachable no matter what. That said it's starting to change. Some hospitals are ditching the MediPage system and getting wireless companies to build networks in the hospital. Sprint is supposed to have my wife's entire medical campus covered (even in the lower depths of the parking garages) by this spring. She will then be using her cell phone as her pager.

I always tease my wife that 1985 is calling when hers goes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    They do. Cellular signals don't make there way into the hospital very well. When people need the Doc on call they have to be reachable no matter what. That said it's starting to change. Some hospitals are ditching the MediPage system and getting wireless companies to build networks in the hospital. Sprint is supposed to have my wife's entire medical campus covered (even in the lower depths of the parking garages) by this spring. She will then be using her cell phone as her pager.

I always tease my wife that 1985 is calling when hers goes off.
    Yeah... I'm on my hospital's disaster response and rapid response teams and have a dedicated pager for that. I only wear it at work for the embarrassment of carrying around a pager in this day and age.