1.    #1  
    Anyone who has been on sprint long enough knows that sometimes, incoming SMS's will be delayed a bit. It was always a matter of what phone you had, though, to tell you if the incoming SMS was actually delayed.
    On my HTC TP, the timestamp on the SMS would show the time the SMS was sent. Other phones don't show that at all, and just the time you actually received it at.

Just now, i recieved an SMS, that has the normal current time timestamp above the message 1:19pm, but in the body of the message, it has a little line that says "Message Sent: 6/11/09 12:42pm"

Anyone else see this yet?
    screenshot?
  3.    #3  
    Screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #4  
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Anyone who has been on sprint long enough knows that sometimes, incoming SMS's will be delayed a bit. It was always a matter of what phone you had, though, to tell you if the incoming SMS was actually delayed.
    On my HTC TP, the timestamp on the SMS would show the time the SMS was sent. Other phones don't show that at all, and just the time you actually received it at.

Just now, i recieved an SMS, that has the normal current time timestamp above the message 1:19pm, but in the body of the message, it has a little line that says "Message Sent: 6/11/09 12:42pm"

I've seen this.. how often does Sprint delay these messages? Im on a 30 trial and this would be a real bummer if it's consistent..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    I've seen this.. how often does Sprint delay these messages? Im on a 30 trial and this would be a real bummer if it's consistent..
    Recently, Sprint has been good. It should not happen often, but sometimes for reasons that cannot be explained, messages are delayed. Happens on any carrier.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    huh, yeah I don't think I've ever really had a text message delayed, besides when I wasn't in service area.
    I've gotten that before. At work I don't get the best signal (1-1/2 a bar) and calls and texts are sporadic. Yet at home, where I have 3-4 bars, usually I don't see that little time stamp. Just one of those things. I'm finding out that the cell radio in this phone isn't as strong as I'd like it to be. But then I work in a weird building.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    as I had noted here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1652529

my timestamps are always exactly one hour off. I wonder if this is a related issue?
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Was texting the wife the other day and I was wondering why it was taking a while. I asked if she was replying right away and she said she was. I've gotten lag as long as 10 minutes.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amartins02 View Post
    Was texting the wife the other day and I was wondering why it was taking a while. I asked if she was replying right away and she said she was. I've gotten lag as long as 10 minutes.
    recently (obviously).. in what region?
    Last night or the night before. Southcoast Massachusetts.
    me too! sometimes right away some times it takes a while to get texts!!!!
    I'm having this problem, but I can tell you it's not a delay in the texts. The timestamps are off by an hour. Sprint is having an issue with the timestamps right now.