Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Obscura
    Did you do anything different to get it working?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    It sounds pretty good too and plays when the phone is in the touchstone.

Next request is track information so I can see the song/artist that I'm listening to. Bonus points for cover-art.

Kudos to SomaFM for the first WebOS specific web site I've encountered. Thanks guys.
    Obscura
    OMFG!

Im in heaven! www.di.fm (Digitally Impored Radio FTW!) works also! Using the WinAMP Streams.. Perfectly Clean sounding, wow...

I wonder if th'll complain much when I start driving with di.fm streaming lmao.

P.S. Wow this eats battery, my USB charging couldn't even KEEP UP!, I went from 100% to 98% in 5 minutes..
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/11/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Did you do anything different to get it working?
    Nope, just opened the web browser and went to SomaFM: Listener Supported, Commercial Free Internet Radio

I noticed that they've built a WebOS specific site, perhaps there is some magic happening on the server side?
    Obscura
    Can't get Soma to work.
    Working of EVDO or Wifi?

Update:
    I can't get the EvDO stations to work but the 2.5G ones seem to be OK.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Update:
    I can't get the EvDO stations to work but the 2.5G ones seem to be OK.
    EvDO working here.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    EvDO working here.
    Ditto, EvDo and WiFi Verified. Still eats the battery *sniffles* this thing will always be on the charger lol. And if it eats juice quicker then the charger can give, thats not good lol.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I've had the phone plugged into USB/PC charger while streaming Radio Paradise all night long via WiFi and woke up with the music still playing and a full battery.
    but can i can't open my shoutcast files to open a stream directly.. maybe I can mess with it more.. NEED FILE EXPLORER!!!!

My god, what is it with people not wanting to let me view a file structure.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    but can i can't open my shoutcast files to open a stream directly
    Hmmm... I think my workaround for this is going to be to publish my shoutcast bookmarks out on my web site. I'll test later on tonight.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Can't do AAC+ 24kbps streams though
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    P.S. Wow this eats battery, my USB charging couldn't even KEEP UP!, I went from 100% to 98% in 5 minutes..
    That would be around 25% drain over an hour.... that's really not ALL that bad. Actually, I bet it streams and keeps the screen on... all they need is an app so that the screen can shut off and continue playing. Should help a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Can't do AAC+ 24kbps streams though
    Why do 24kbps when you can do 192kbps via .pls winamp stream.
    Anyone been able to get di.fm premium to work? When I click on the links, the music player app comes up, thinks for a bit, then says "There was an error playing the file". I've tried 256 & 128 kbps MP3 and the AAC links, but none work. Seems like the pre may be limiting the max bitrate you can stream. Anyone know what may be going on?
    Somafm and others will work as long as you can find streaming mp3 in the .pls format. I've been doing this since day 1 on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by asselin View Post
    Anyone been able to get di.fm premium to work? When I click on the links, the music player app comes up, thinks for a bit, then says "There was an error playing the file". I've tried 256 & 128 kbps MP3 and the AAC links, but none work. Seems like the pre may be limiting the max bitrate you can stream. Anyone know what may be going on?
    It could have somthing to do with the login information required when clicking on a stream. Becuase when you load up the stream on a computer it has your username and pass in the stream information. Else it could be too much for over the air.

PS. With the screen off and charging the battery was not affected. HOWEVER, BLUETOOTHING and STREAMING it... was DEFINATLY kill the battery lol... I was jamming in my car to my amazement via Bluetooth, omg it was sweet.. till I suddenly got a phone call and didn't know what to do lmao.
    Di.FM works nicely

too bad they dont have a better way to navigate the different stations
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    Di.FM works nicely

too bad they dont have a better way to navigate the different stations
    I'm going to solve that by making my own page with a list of links to my favorite stations.
    Obscura
    I had my favorite station wfmu.org working on day one. You just gotta find a mp3 stream link, one that doesn't forward to another site I think.
    I have found more that work than that don't work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast