1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I understand that for an eligible ugrade, the Pre comes out to $200. But Sprint doesn't have to know that I know that. I was told on the phone by a Sprint rep that for me, the phone would be $50 after all the rebates, and put a record of it on my account. I remember it being said here that a Sprint store employee will be much less likely to negotiate price than a telesales rep, so I haven't bought the Pre yet -- well mainly because I'm in Maine and there are no Sprint stores here so I'd have to coach my dad into a NJ Sprint store over the phone, and that would be an extra step in negotiation.

Has anyone gotten the phone for anything less than an end result of $199? I guess the real question, "have you been able to negotiate with telesales", is unanswerable at this time which is the whole point. But still.

And what about if you have an old plan? I'm on Fair and Flexible 400 with $15 unlimited data so I think that should be satisfactory for the Pre, and a few phone reps have agreed.

So I'm trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and pay full price with my dad at the store, though still fight for my plan.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    By telesales you mean calling Sprint and ordering it over the phone? You can't do that, they are only available at retail stores. Can't get it online or by calling their sales department.

And good luck getting it for $50. I find that really hard to believe.
    well i got my pre for 125 they gave me an extra 75 off for signing a new plan and being with sprint for 12 years
    You can consider it 100.00 if you can get the 100.00 credit for renewing your contract as others have reported. I don't know where the extra 50.00 is coming from, and you can't keep the fair & flexible plan with the pre.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  5. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    By telesales you mean calling Sprint and ordering it over the phone? You can't do that, they are only available at retail stores. Can't get it online or by calling their sales department.

And good luck getting it for $50. I find that really hard to believe.
    Right what I mean is how likely is it that waiting for telesales to open and getting a better deal.

The only way I could get it right now is for my dad to go into a Sprint store in NJ, buy it, and mail it to me. During which I would be on the phone with the store rep to make sure I have the plan I want.
  6. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    You can consider it 100.00 if you can get the 100.00 credit for renewing your contract as others have reported. I don't know where the extra 50.00 is coming from, and you can't keep the fair & flexible plan with the pre.
    Are you saying that there would be some option where a long-time sprint member would come in and say "I want a Pre but don't want to extend my plan" and they'll say "Okay, $200, but if you extend/renew your contract we'll cut off another hundred"?
    Now I'm annoyed. I was out of contract, and have been with Sprint for over 5 years and spent loads of cash on phones and plans. I was NOT offered any discount on the phone - I guess this is the price you pay for being uninformed? :-(
    Like Donald Trump said, "If you don't ask for something, you probably won't get it." I didn't ask for an additional discount and I didn't get one either. Sprint customer for >8 years and Palm user since the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    Are you saying that there would be some option where a long-time sprint member would come in and say "I want a Pre but don't want to extend my plan" and they'll say "Okay, $200, but if you extend/renew your contract we'll cut off another hundred"?
    You don't have to buy the pre. The post I read said sprint is trying to retain customers so if you extend your contract for 2 years you get 100.00 period. When I had called before the pre was released I was told I could get a 50.00 credit to my bill if I extended it, but I declined. I guess since the iphone came out they upped it to 100.00. Just call and ask if you are eligible for the 100.00 credit for renewing your contract. I was going to wait until I'm contacted for the wait list and ask the rep. If he says no, or gives a different amount, then I will call customer service and do it before I go to the store, because you automatically have to renew for two years if you get a new phone with a discount.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I got a $70 bill credit for renewing my contract when I changed plans, so I guess I can say I got the Pre for $130? ($300 out the door, minus $100 MIR).