Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #1  
    I saw that someone posted their concern with not having a call log timer. Well, thanks for some devs, it's been discovered. Here is what it looks like, although I'd love to see palm copy some of the iphone 3.0 call log features, which condense the screen down quite a bit.

    Here is how it's done:
    pre dev wiki: Hidden Features
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. ayman86's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #2  
    whose the hottie in red?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    whose the hottie in red?
    someone who gets all his time?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4. #4  
    I don't have the phone yet, but this is the one feature I would miss from my treo 755. Someone had done a call log patch to enable the call duration as it was not native to the 755 either. There is no way I would be able to program a phone to do this, hopefully someone will develop a patch that can be simply applied as was done with the treo 755. Thanks for the info, this gives me much hope!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  5. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    someone who gets all his time?
    haha.. nice one!
  6. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I don't have the phone yet, but this is the one feature I would miss from my treo 755. Someone had done a call log patch to enable the call duration as it was not native to the 755 either. There is no way I would be able to program a phone to do this, hopefully someone will develop a patch that can be simply applied as was done with the treo 755. Thanks for the info, this gives me much hope!
    Yeah.. patches will be made. I could write one now, but it would not be as elegant as what some of the iPhone devs are doing and it requires that you turn your phone on dev mode etc.. There will be easier ways to do this.. just give it another week or so
  7. #7  
    yeah, until its easy to do, i aint doing it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. #8  
    i clicked on the link and i have no idea what to do from there....i'm a pretty tech savy but that stuff is a bit over my head.... can someone please explain the process in laymans terms?
  9. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    yeah, until its easy to do, i aint doing it.
    Took about 15 mins.
  10. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i clicked on the link and i have no idea what to do from there....i'm a pretty tech savy but that stuff is a bit over my head.... can someone please explain the process in laymans terms?
    Here are the basic steps:

    1. turn on developer mode
    2. install novaterm
    2a. gain root
    3. run steps as stated on the link above
    4. reboot
    5. done.

    It's actually quite easy, but it would help if you're comfortable in the terminal/unix.
  11. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #11  
    hmm. I might start hacking my pre now. heh. I really love call timers.

    Hopefully someone comes up with a LED/audible/vibrate notification hack soon
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  12. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    hmm. I might start hacking my pre now. heh. I really love call timers.

    Hopefully someone comes up with a LED/audible/vibrate notification hack soon
    We'll have to see if the SDK brings us the ability to play with the center button!
  13. #13  
    We can only hope.

    Where is Butler for the Pre?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    I hope someone makes a application that will enable us to make all these changes easily through menus.
  15. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #15  
    Once the sdk comes out you should be able to do this within an app I hope
  16. Webby_s's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #16  
    Ya this is something I would attempt to do but I just don't want to brick this $200 phone quit yet....

    Does anyone have a YouTube up on how to do it just for piece of mind?
  17. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #17  
    i want this feature but im diggin into my os...ill wait for an update. Thanks tho!
  18. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #18  
    Works perfectly. I say god damn!
  19. #19  
    Now the feature is available as a patch, but I'm missing the possibility to check my monthly free minutes (60/60) and SMS. There is a perfect app for Symbian that allows you to define the end of the facturation month and resets the counter automatically....

    anything close for WebOS??
    Last edited by splashote; 06/22/2010 at 11:54 AM.
  20. #20  
    The call duration patch has been available for some time. Just install via webOSQI or Preware.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions