Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So after spending dozens of hours like everyone else on this forum, I can't believe I didn't run the Quick test under preferences. I ran the interactive test which it passed, but never the quick Test.

Turns out, my quick test found an issue Code 25 with Hardware Area Wi-Fi as "issues found" On my wife's treo it passed and doesn't have a battery issue (albeit haven't tested it like min yet, but at first pass its ok)
    Mine drained 17% running the test 2x and just being off the charger for 24 minutes!

So I guess this is the battery problem.. it's hardware and i wonder if the wifi hardware is tied to the radio.

Strange thing is both of them though still jump up and down on cell signal even with airave in the house from 5 bars to 1 all day.

So I suggest everyone run the Quick Test and interactive test to see what's going on with theirs.

BTW, mine has the white blotches as well.

I've attached the screenshots of the tests
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    So after spending dozens of hours like everyone else on this forum, I can't believe I didn't run the Quick test under preferences. I ran the interactive test which it passed, but never the quick Test.

Turns out, my quick test found an issue Code 25 with Hardware Area Wi-Fi as "issues found" On my wife's treo it passed and doesn't have a battery issue (albeit haven't tested it like min yet, but at first pass its ok)
    Mine drained 17% running the test 2x and just being off the charger for 24 minutes!

So I guess this is the battery problem.. it's hardware and i wonder if the wifi hardware is tied to the radio.

Strange thing is both of them though still jump up and down on cell signal even with airave in the house from 5 bars to 1 all day.

So I suggest everyone run the Quick Test and interactive test to see what's going on with theirs.

Where is this preference?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I wouldn't read too much into this test. I get the same wifi error thing. Wifi drains less battery when in use and the wifi signal does not fluctuate. The cell radio signal is the one that fluctuates and I'm sure they'll fix it.
    I got the same error code. Let me check my wife's pre now.
    Friend of mine is a Sprint tech. He says all the Pre's are failing that test.
  6.    #6  
    actually my wifes pre passes.. ALL is not true
    So, you guys have all found it. Where is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Where is this preference?
    Device Info > More Info > Preferences > Quick Tests
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Device Info > More Info > Preferences > Quick Tests
    I wasn't clicking on the more info part, Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post

Mine failed the same exact thing
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Mine passed with a giant green checkmark.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yep, just got the same error.
    I passed, guess I got a good pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpon6 View Post
    Mine passed with a giant green checkmark.
    Mine passed all test with a blue check mark. I just ran it through all the interactive ones too, that's pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Passed here.
    Mine Passed Quick Tests and Interactive.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Passed
    Did everyone that passed have their Wi-FI turned on? If it's off then the quick test won't run the Wi-Fi test.
  19.    #19  
    mine was on when i ran it and failed.
    Can you guys post or edit to add your manufacturing date to see if there is a correlation like there is with some of the keyboard and other issues? Or which box your pre came in... black or yellow sleeve?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast