Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I just tested my Pre with WiFi on and it passed.

Where is the manufacturer date located?
    On your dialpad, type ##786# in the screen that comes up, scroll down
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Passed all tests with Wi-fi on and connected to a network. Build date is 5/31/2009
    WiFi on, Pre passed with Flying Colors. Took off charge at 100% to do the test, tested ended still at 100%. I guess my battery is ok lol. 5/23/09 build date.

Verify your actually on a WiFi network when attempted to test it.
    Everyone who failed with Wi-Fi on, are you connected via Wi-Fi or is Wi-Fi just on and not connected to a network?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clamp33 View Post
    mine passed with a blue check mark
    Mee, too! Lovin' the blue!

Good to go with quick check and the hardware check. This thing has a lot of diagnostics.

bj
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    it's fact the pre battery life sucks because they're using a weak battery that they took from the centro to save $$.. 1150mah is not enough for a phone of this magnitude.

my HTC Touch is much smaller, less powerful, crappy old technology screen, not "connected to the web" like the pre and it has a 1100mah battery, practically the same capacity as the pre!

this phone really needs a battery make-over.. that's the only thing that will solve this poor battery performance.

they are making these phones faster and better while using an undersize battery.
    passed with wifi on and connected to my home network ... Said checking memory 1 out of 4 than passed

Wifi also helps normalize the battery when in bad signal areas .. I actually now leave it on all the time

Ps , build date 5.19.09
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 06/11/2009 at 01:19 PM.
    i had error 20: Modem. I didn't know my phone had a modem?!
    Passed, wifi on.
    Big blue check mark. WiFi on and connected to my home network.

Warranty date code 05/14/2009.
    Passed all tests. My sole problem is likely not a hardware issue, though - I think I got a bad flash. I'm still having audio and video playback issues. Hoping I can get it fixed with a software update soon - I'm itching for Pandora everywhere I go. Everything worked fine while I was waiting for 1.0.2 to download, but no number of resets or reflashes with the WebOS doctor does the trick.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Passed. Yellow box. Modem Firmware CC1.1(90) 06/04/2009
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mine passed (wifi was on and connected). Build date is 05/10/09.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I passed both the Quick Tests and the Interactive Tests with no problems. Everything was on and functional as it should be when I did them.
    Umm, I had WiFi on and mine passed all tests.
    ****POSSIBLE FIX****

Well it's not really a fix at all. As I was suspected and as the code description verifies, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network for the test to run properly. It will fail if your Wi-Fi is on and NOT connected to a network. Here is the code if people didn't see it:

Code 25

valid MAC, not registered on a network

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on and try to reconnect

2. Perform a Restart

3. If unable to connect, advise customer to try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network

4. Advise customer to troubleshoot their Wi-Fi Home network (this error generally points to a home network issue)

You MUST be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Go home, connect to your home network and re-run the test. If you still get an error then there is a problem, but I'm guessing it will pass with a big blue check.
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    ****POSSIBLE FIX****

Well it's not really a fix at all. As I was suspected and as the code description verifies, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network for the test to run properly. It will fail if your Wi-Fi is on and NOT connected to a network. Here is the code if people didn't see it:

Code 25

valid MAC, not registered on a network

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on and try to reconnect

2. Perform a Restart

3. If unable to connect, advise customer to try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network

4. Advise customer to troubleshoot their Wi-Fi Home network (this error generally points to a home network issue)

You MUST be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Go home, connect to your home network and re-run the test. If you still get an error then there is a problem, but I'm guessing it will pass with a big blue check.
    I just got home and tested this. Before when I turned on wi-fi I wasn't connected and I failed the test. Now that I'm connected I pass with a blue check.

It seems it was a false alarm.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    I just got home and tested this. Before when I turned on wi-fi I wasn't connected and I failed the test. Now that I'm connected I pass with a blue check.

It seems it was a false alarm.
    Same deal for me. Got home hooked up and all is well.
    Wifi on and hooked to home network. Passed test.

By the way, I'm one who had possibly the worst overheating and battery drain of anyone I talked to. I measured almost 135 F on the back...and once it drained the batteries, with nothing running, in under 3 hours.

After removing the Hotmail account it has run cool and long. Of the charger with nothing running except turning it on every 15 minutes to check battery status yielded a 1% drop in 2 hours. Previously, it would be closer to 30%.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast